USA to Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA to Canada

Hello!! I have just recently found this forum and I am so happy that I have! I don't know anyone that has been in a long distance relationship so it is great to have a place to read other peoples experiences and get advice.

My husband and I met online in October and very quickly knew that we were meant to be together. We have both made multiple trips to see each other and have decided that he will be moving from his home in Texas to Canada. We have looked into all the different types of ways that he can apply for permanent residency and we think the best way for us would be through spousal sponsorship. He is going to be here in mind August so we will be starting to gather the paperwork needed for that. Then he received an email from InterExchange letting him know that they had some openings for 2019/2020 work holiday visa program (something he looked into a few months ago but was told that there is a long wait list). We didn't do too much research into this because we were told it wouldn't happen soon and we are looking for the quickest way to get him here.

Has anyone had any experience entering Canada from US on a work holiday visa? We will be looking into it but I would like to hear personal experiences if anyone has! Also, if you or your SO moved to Canada from US how long did the process take from start to finish?
    Last edited by Lacey; July 19, 2019, 11:36 AM.
Working...
X