Should I pursue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I pursue?

So around a month and a half ago I met this guy from a chatroom. Here's some info on us, I am 19F(US) and he is 24M(UK). Once we met in the chatroom, we talked on Kik. We talked for probably 15 minutes then we said goodbye. A week later he texted me again, I told him why did he text me (cuz I thought this was a one time thing) and he told me that it was rare to meet a nice girl from those chatrooms (I can't remember for the life of me what it was called.) And that I seemed cool. We talked again for 45 minutes I think that night. That morning after (well in my time zone) I told him I was not ready for stuff like this and ghosted him. And then we didn't talk for 2 or 3 weeks after that. Here recently (I think around two weeks ago) he texted me again and then we talked again. I asked him what did he wanted from me and he told I was a friend for now. We texted again last night and he said he was with his friends. So he talked to me and his friends at the same time. I gave him my number and asked if we could talk on the phone. So I don't know what to think of all this should I host him or continue to pursue (lol) him?

It depends on how you feel about him and the whole long distance relationship deal? I mean, if you're going to be friends for now then I don't think there is anything wrong with chatting. If you're not wanting to explore the relationship in a more intimate way I would let him know straight up and don't lead him on.

While the whole LDR is one of the most difficult things I have ever willingly put myself through, it is also one of the most rewarding things. I am so thankful I've found my SO, he has become my best friend and so much more.

It really just depends on what you are looking for.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

My only opinion is, try not to send mixed signals. If you're not ready for a long distance relationship and see this as potentially becoming one, delete him. If you're okay with seeing where friendship goes, don't ghost him again. I've met a couple guys online in chat rooms and we are completely platonic friends that chat about life once in awhile. We both have no interest in taking anything further, but they have interesting lives and experiences to share. So, my advice would be take a hard look at where you're at and where you want to be, and then stick to that so the guy isn't getting conflicting messages. Best of luck!
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X