Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still worth pursuing even if it feels like its not working??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still worth pursuing even if it feels like its not working??

Hi,

I am Ash, I'm 31 and I live in Australia. Currently I am in a LDR, at least I believe it is, with a 29 yo from the Philippines. We met online back in August, early on everything was fine. We texted or called each other everyday. Over the past month however things have becomes strained. She very rarely, if ever contacts me at all anymore. We have each other on FB but I see her online and send her a message she reads it but doesn't respond or takes a few days to do so. This has become very depressing and hurtful for me since she has told me numerous times in the past that she loves me.
    Honestly I really do not know what I should do. Yesterday was my birthday and she didn't even say 'hi' even though she knew. This was very hurtful. I have sent her a message detailing to her how I feel but when she responded she just said she was very busy at work and having trouble with her business. This may be true but it doesn't take three days to respond to a message or 'forget' my birthday. I'm beginning to think it may be time to call this relationship off, but what if she's telling the truth?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Hi, I'm so sorry for what is happening. I don't think your partner should ever make you feel hurt or unimportant. It sounds like she is not in it anymore.. My SO and I are going through something extremely difficult at the moment, on top of our busy lives, we still make time to spend with each other, whether its talking on the phone or playing a game together.

There hasn't been one day in the span of our relationship where we have gone without talking to one another, even when we were in the rut. Always put yourself first and never overlook your gut feelings or emotions. Not contacting you on your birthday says it all in my opinion. Good luck to you!
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

I’m a big believer in actions speak louder than words. Missing your birthday is a huge red flag. It sounds like it’s over but she hasn’t told you.

Comment

Working...
      X