Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need your advice, how do I win my girlfriend back? I fucked up and broke up with her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need your advice, how do I win my girlfriend back? I fucked up and broke up with her

I am going to try to be as unbiased as I tell my story. First of all, I would like to address the age issue, I really don't think there is any problem with that. I also would like to apologize if there were any incorrect grammar or punctuation here.

I met my GF on a Facebook meme group, 1 year and 2 months ago (around September). She is currently studying in Utah, but she and I both live in the Philippines. Mind you that she wasn't studying yet when I met her, she was just working but she was already in Utah. We got to know each other for 4-5 months and in January, we became a couple. The first month was heaven. We were always greeting each other with LSMs (Long Sweet Messages), doing small gestures, pick up lines, everything. We would watch it on Rabbit together before we wake up/ fall asleep because our timezones had a 12 hour time difference. A couple of months ago, I stopped shitposting and played League less and our relationship became much stable. I enjoyed her company. She introduced me to The Good Place, BoJack Horseman and many more . Afterward, we just started to fight. I don't remember that there was any week that we weren't fighting. It was mostly because I shitposted and played League of Legends too much; while she was very controlling and jealous. A couple of months ago, I stopped shitposting and played League less and our relationship became much stable. I enjoyed her company.

Around a month and a half ago, I started to play League more and more, probably because of her jealousy becoming much more serious and my school, I got stressed out. It wasn't long when I decided that we should break up. Of course, she got sad while I was too busy playing League of Legends to be able to feel anything. She messaged me, saying sorry and all but I did not care. That's when she just slowly stopped messaging me and she went out on a date with someone. I. got. hurt. That's when I realized that I was too prideful and selfish. There were times that it was my fault but she ended up being the one to say sorry. Granted that she was controlling and over-jealous, but I had my fair share of mistakes too. I never truly gave her the appreciation that she deserves.

So, I uninstalled League of Legends, started exercising, and have been doing well in school as I have never been before. I need some advice on how to win her back. I have been messaging her, apologizing to her, sending her some cute memes and other shenanigans (such as resumés applying to be her boyfriend again, an infographic about the new and old traits of me, you get my point.) She said that she appreciates it and it was too much effort. Additionally, she also said that she just needs time and school has been very busy for her. If school is too busy for her to give me a chance, when will she give me a chance? When her semester ends? But what happens if her school starts again?

I really like her, she was very intimate with me. We would both open up our insecurities and problems that we both had to each other. Not only were we vulnerable to each other physically, but emotionally as well. I know you guys might say that I am young. But I have never cried to a girl before except for her. I love her and she means the world to me. Every time that I make a decision of my own, I would always consider if she would like it or not. I'm getting hopeless, guys. I need your advice.

Hello!

Is she around the same age as you? All relationships will have rough spots, especially those between teenagers/young adults since there is still a lot left to learn, and that's okay. For example, her jealousy and your gaming- there are boundaries that need to be placed within a relationship so the both of you are happy. I can see her side to this- I was once in a relationship where my bf was constantly gaming, we never spent time together. Was she getting jealous because you were spending more time gaming than talking to her? Or are there other things that possibly triggered that jealousy?

There is no excuse for her being controlling but that may play into the fact that she felt like she wasn't getting enough time with you. With that and the distance combined, it makes for a difficult situation. If she is asking for time, then give that to her. Maybe send her one message explaining to her how you feel but you will give her the space she is wanting and that you are there for her if/when she decides to start communicating more frequently; leave it be from there. Honestly, the ball is in her court now.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Working...
    X