Any Belgians/EU Citizens who can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Belgians/EU Citizens who can help?

Hey guys!! My Belgian SO and I were planning on seeing each other in early July (3 months after originally planned). Well now it looks like Belgium’s borders are open, but only within the EU!!! > The blows just keep coming!!

Well, we go about coping in different ways. I do a lot of research, try and have something to anchor hope on, etc. My boyfriend tries to not think about it and just live in the moment with me. I understand that and I’m perfectly fine with it, so I try not to make him talk about it / research too much. Otherwise it just makes him sad to think about it, and I don’t want that.

Are there any people in Belgium who might be able to tell me whether they think early July is really realistic? Is there a chance he might be able to come to the USA? It’s hard for me to get information that isn’t in French, and my French isn’t that great.

Do you have your travel booked?
    If not, I wouldn't plan on traveling. All the rules are up in the air and can change quickly. I believe at the moment people outside the Schengen need to have a reason to travel and there are the 14day quarantine in place. I wouldn't want the risk to be turned at the boarder. It sucks, but thins is not the time to travel.

Comment

I am not Belgian but I'm surprised that language is the problem... There is a lot of information about Belgium in Dutch and English. Google translate also helps.

Sadly, in a way or other, many of us are suffering the same. I believe most governments don't really know what they are doing. New rules are quickly enforced without a clear calendar. They can lift the ban any time, they can modify it and they can also restablish it. I don't want to go to Belgium right now, but I want to go to other countries... Yet I don't dare to.
      Why am I always trying the impossible?

Comment

Travel ban for non essential travel to the EU countries lifted for 14 countries as of today. However not for the US unfortunately. Countries on the list are:
        Algeria
        Australia
        Canada
        Georgia
        Japan
        Montenegro
        Morocco
        New Zealand
        Rwanda
        Serbia
        South Korea
        Thailand
        Tunisia
        Uruguay
        China, subject to confirmation of reciprocity

Comment

The cases in the US have increased significantly in the past few weeks so early July is not too realistic. I would be more optimistic for September.

For information found on pages online in French, you may use the function, "translate to English" if that is of any help.

Comment

I don't think I can post a link here but you can find information in English on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Immigration Office website. Look for 'dofi dot IBZ dot be'. There you can find updated information on travel to Belgium, in English as well. Other source I found is the site of the US embassy in Belgium. Given the increasing numbers of infections in the US I think that unfortunately you will have to exercise a bit more patience. Hang in there.

Comment

Working...
            X