Corona needs to end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corona needs to end.

I’ve never done this before, but reading some of the messages helps me a bit and I felt like sharing my story.

Im Dutch and I lived for the last two years on a working holiday visa in Australia. My plan was not to stay there initially but just 6 months before my visa ended I met the love of my life... I think I’ve never been so much in love before in life.
    I’ve been in longer relationships before but nothing felt like this. And he says the exact same things to me and that he feels the same way.
    I was thinking to go to New Zealand for a year but ofcourse I didn’t want to go anymore and he didn’t want me to leave. So i had decided to go study in Australia.
    I already had booked my flight to go home to see my family when my visa was ending. So decided to go home for a bit and then just go back to my love... but then Corona came just one week after I had arrived...

And now 5 months later I am still here...

It is hell... after been back thrown into your old life again where you don’t want to be, and away from your love...

I have barely no words...

I don’t want to be very dramatic, I know there are so much worse things in the world! Seriously... I really can’t complain to much.

But... it’s been very hard

Thank god me and my boyfriend are going very well
    We talk every day.. we send a lot videos to eachother.
    Its just very very hard not knowing when I could get back.

If I just had a date... I could work to it but not knowing is killing me.

I try to be positive and think how good we are stil and that if we survive this we will be such a strong couple!

Like most of you saying the constant fear that it will not work out, or that he find someone else or many other fears is contant in my mind.

I just want to know are there still more couples that are dealing with the not knowing when we will see eachother ?

Well if there are some out there! I fucking feel you.... stay strong! I will do the same..

Corona has put a temporary stop on my happiness

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriens for 1.5 years. Hes in Nigeria and i am in then states. We video talk at least 3 times a day and spent 3 weeks in Dubai together which sealed the deal. It's love for life. Well the plan was to make sure that this is what we want ×. And travel experience recommended ×. So both requirements met for visa acceptance. So March 21 time to go home. Plan was to obtain visa and Fly to US and get married. Im so tired of expressing our love by a phone screen. We video at least hours four hrs a day. We try to keep our love alive and show this with private moments. There are lots of tears. Hard when the person thats your best friend is 8,000 miles away or more. I dont know what I would do if the line of communication became severed. I have seen his tears numerous times and he mine. But there is no way that either country will allow. Im worried that with passing time our love will be gone

Comment

I love your story. Just know that it takes time and he clearly loves you if he talks to you every day. I'm currently trying to build a relationship with a girl from the Netherlands that I knew at the age of 13. She was hurt by the fact I left. Being an adult, it is easier to communicate feelings. Asked her if she wouldn't mind a date, didn't get a yes or no. She has a complicated life right now, but loves when we get the chance to video chat. So I take it as a sign of good fortune. I'm happy for you. Stay strong .

Comment

The Covid thing is so difficult. TImTam I'm afraid the Australian borders will be closed until next year although they are trying to bring back stranded Australians. If you have a permanent visa I'd look into that, maybe you can come out sooner.
        In my case I'm facing a hard border with no end date yet. I'm aiming at 2021 but we're both finding it hard. We've just got to remind ourselves that it is going to be worth it, and stay strong.

Comment

Working...
        X