Good news for those with Philippines SOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news for those with Philippines SOs

This will be good news for those of us with SO in the Philippines!

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...lipinos/story/

Originally posted by OhioJim View Post
    This will be good news for those of us with SO in the Philippines!

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...lipinos/story/
    Thank you for this. My girlfriend is currently in the United States, but will be going back to the Philippines next week. This is good news, as we are contemplating what our options are for her to come back, including a possible K1. This sounds like it has a better chance of happening! =)

Comment

Originally posted by amm7s View Post
      Thank you for this. My girlfriend is currently in the United States, but will be going back to the Philippines next week. This is good news, as we are contemplating what our options are for her to come back, including a possible K1. This sounds like it has a better chance of happening! =)
      Mine is having a hard time there because of all the typhoons. She can't get out and get anything done.

Comment

Mine is having a hard time there because of all the typhoons. She can't get out and get anything done.
        Hopefully things get easier for your SO soon. How’s she doing now?

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
          Hopefully things get easier for your SO soon. How’s she doing now?
          Ok, I guess. Our texting has slowed to a trickle because of all the rain, since she has to use a community WiFi connection.

But I was surprised, and pleased, last evening(my evening her morning). She texted me and we were able to chat for almost an hour, and this was with the typhoon approaching.

Then I saw this morning that the typhoon did not follow the predicted path, but went farther south. If it had followed the predicted path the eye would have been right in her backyard!

If there is not too much storm damage she should be able to get out later this week. There are only a couple more things she has to do and then we can close the distance!

Comment

Ok, I guess. Our texting has slowed to a trickle because of all the rain, since she has to use a community WiFi connection.

But I was surprised, and pleased, last evening(my evening her morning). She texted me and we were able to chat for almost an hour, and this was with the typhoon approaching.

Then I saw this morning that the typhoon did not follow the predicted path, but went farther south. If it had followed the predicted path the eye would have been right in her backyard!

If there is not too much storm damage she should be able to get out later this week. There are only a couple more things she has to do and then we can close the distance!
            Im glad there hasn't been much damage. I wonder if it is close to where my girlfriend lives, because she hasn't actually mentioned anything about it. Best wishes to you and your girlfriend possibly closing the distance soon! How long have you guys been at distance?

Mine is just about to start, and we are discussing what the next steps are. Probably a K1, but she doesn't want to file for it until I officially propose. I feel like im torn between "when you know, you know" and "don't rush it", so im not ready to propose yet even tho I know shes the one I want to marry. A couple friends have even suggested just marrying her at the courthouse before she leaves so she doesn't have to go, while others think that would be foolish. I told her tonight I know she's the one I want to be with, but it is so soon for us to make such a drastic life transition, and I don't think even she is ready for that quite yet. I'm not sure what to expect for distance. We are both nervous about it, but also hopeful, because we at least have a plan to end distance. But it is definitely weighing on us as her departure date creeps up on us this week.

Comment

Im glad there hasn't been much damage.
              I don't know how much damage where she is, but...

This morning (my morning her evening) her avatar appeared on my phone. This would be after the typhoon passed by. This tells me that at least she has electricity and her computer was trying to connect. No word directly from her yet, thought.

I wonder if it is close to where my girlfriend lives, because she hasn't actually mentioned anything about it.
              She is in General Trias, Cavite province. About 20 miles south of Manilia.

Best wishes to you and your girlfriend possibly closing the distance soon! How long have you guys been at distance?
              Thank you. And best wishes to you too. We have been apart about 19 months now.

Mine is just about to start, and we are discussing what the next steps are. Probably a K1, but she doesn't want to file for it until I officially propose. I feel like im torn between "when you know, you know" and "don't rush it", so im not ready to propose yet even tho I know shes the one I want to marry. A couple friends have even suggested just marrying her at the courthouse before she leaves so she doesn't have to go, while others think that would be foolish. I told her tonight I know she's the one I want to be with, but it is so soon for us to make such a drastic life transition, and I don't think even she is ready for that quite yet. I'm not sure what to expect for distance. We are both nervous about it, but also hopeful, because we at least have a plan to end distance. But it is definitely weighing on us as her departure date creeps up on us this week.
              It is fortunate that my SO has dual citizenship, so she can go back and forth any time she wants. The only complication is that her handbag was stolen last fall, with her passport (USA passport). She was fighting with the embassy about getting a replacement when the pandemic hit and everything shut down. Now things are opening up again and she should soon have the replacement.

Comment

I don't know how much damage where she is, but...

This morning (my morning her evening) her avatar appeared on my phone. This would be after the typhoon passed by. This tells me that at least she has electricity and her computer was trying to connect. No word directly from her yet, thought.

She is in General Trias, Cavite province. About 20 miles south of Manilia.

Thank you. And best wishes to you too. We have been apart about 19 months now.

It is fortunate that my SO has dual citizenship, so she can go back and forth any time she wants. The only complication is that her handbag was stolen last fall, with her passport (USA passport). She was fighting with the embassy about getting a replacement when the pandemic hit and everything shut down. Now things are opening up again and she should soon have the replacement.
                Awwww man, im sorry to hear about the passport. Glad she can hopefully get it replaced soon.

My girlfriend and I have talked about dual citizenship. Her joke about it is "I'm not the only one getting a green card out of this, you can get Philippines citizenship when you marry me!"

Even tho she wants to move here, she doesn't want to leave the Philippines behind, so we have talked about having property over there as well so once dual citizenship is taken care of, we can travel back and forth. She's especially interested in going back after we retire (a loooooooong ways away still lol) so she liked that idea of having property in both countries in case I don't want to move there, at least we can go spend time there.

Comment

My girlfriend and I have talked about dual citizenship. Her joke about it is "I'm not the only one getting a green card out of this, you can get Philippines citizenship when you marry me!"
                  My SO came by it naturally (not naturalized!!). She was born in Los Angeles with an American father and Filipina mother. So she is USA by birth, and according to Philippine law also a citizen there.

Things are looking good so far. We had a very nice chat (by text) this morning (my morning her evening) for about an hour until her WiFi internet quit (or maybe she fell asleep??). Her mother will be released from the hospital this week. She was going to get out this past March, then the pandemic hit. The hospitals certainly do things different there than here.

And she is confident about getting her passport soon.

Unfortunately, the typhoon caused some roof damage on her mother's house. The house is still livable, but needs fixed. My SO said she has to take care of that. All she has to do is make the arrangements and then she does not have to actually stay until it is done. I am hoping and praying that she makes the arrangements in the next week or two as I don't want to spend another holiday alone, and before the typhoon she had promised to be here for Thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                  X