Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with SO in Singapore? Advice on how you’re holding up with COVID and LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with SO in Singapore? Advice on how you’re holding up with COVID and LDR?

Hi! I’ve been in a LDR with my partner M for almost 3 years in Nov. Was wondering if there’s other in the same boat? I just found this site and it’s made me feel a little better. Currently M and I are having a difficult time with COVID like many of y’all. Unsure of the future and how incredibly hard this all is. I’m based in the US.

It would be nice to chat and learn how others are keeping strong when you’re emotionally drained from the uncertainty of ever seeing your SO again. COVID just didn’t wanna go away :,(. Any advice or new venting friends would be nice

Is The Philippines close enough?

My SO went there about 1.5 years ago because her mother had open heart surgery. Twice. Then the Taal volcano happened. Then the pandemic.

Open and honest communication is more important than in a near-by relationship. It has been hard. My SO is dependent on a community WiFi connection at her mother's house. It quits whenever it rains, and right now they are in the rainy season! We are lucky if we can exchange just a few words each day, and sometimes it is 2 or 3 days.

If all goes well my SO will be back here for Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioJim View Post
      Is The Philippines close enough?

My SO went there about 1.5 years ago because her mother had open heart surgery. Twice. Then the Taal volcano happened. Then the pandemic.

Open and honest communication is more important than in a near-by relationship. It has been hard. My SO is dependent on a community WiFi connection at her mother's house. It quits whenever it rains, and right now they are in the rainy season! We are lucky if we can exchange just a few words each day, and sometimes it is 2 or 3 days.

If all goes well my SO will be back here for Thanksgiving.
      I, too, have a girlfriend in the Philippines. Or will, in about a week. She is here in the United States currently, but heading back home next week. I agree that honest and open communication is tops. We have our tentative plan for her to come back (K1, possibly), but in the meantime, it is gonna be tough. But we already have strong communication, and a plan of action to close the distance, so I think we have everything we need to make it.

Comment

Working...
      X