Philippines Typhoons and LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philippines Typhoons and LDR

Is there anyone else on here in the Philippines, or with a SO in the Philippines?

They have had 2 typhoons in the last 10 days and I am worried.

This last one went right over Manila and there are reports of flooding and wind damage.

I have not heard from her since this Wednesday just before the heavy rain started in her area. But then again, it is not unusual to go 2 or 3 days with no texting, because of the poor quality WiFi she has to use which is frequently disrupted by rain.

I was just wondering if anyone on here has more information on conditions in her area. The news sources I can read from here only mention the worse areas. She is in General Trias, Cavite province in the Cybergreens Subdivision, which I believe is in the southern end of General Trias.

Her avatar did appear on my smartphone this morning(my morning, her evening), but no communication.

That tells me she has electricity at her mother's house and her laptop is working. That made me feel a little better, but I am still worried.

Comment

I finally heard from her, late last night.

She had been trying to contact me but I guess her WiFi wasn't working, so she borrowed someone's device.(Probably a cell phone, which uses a different network than WiFi.) Just to tell me she was ok.

She knows I keep track of the news and weather there, and that I would be worried, and thinks enough of me to let me know she was ok.

Comment

I heard from her again this morning (Sunday). We chatted by text for about 20 minutes before her internet dropped out (or she fell asleep??).

I specifically asked her, and everything is fine. Her mother's house was not flooded. I was worried about that because she is less than a half mile from a river. But since she is located upstream about 15 miles from the flood area I was reading about in the news it had not overflowed.

So I can rest easier tonight.

Comment

So happy for you (and her) and glad everything is okay!! <3
          ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Working...
          X