Canada to South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada to South Africa

Hello fellow humans. I’m looking for support right now, nobody I know in my life is going through what I am at the moment and I am finding it difficult to connect with anyone!

I met my husband 2 years ago in his home country of South Africa, I was travelling there from Canada. The moment we met we both knew we were destined to be together. After spending 6 amazing weeks together, I had to return home. Later that year I went back to South Africa and we spent more time together and decided to get married! But sadly I still had to return home to Canada.

It has now been 15 months since we’ve seen each other, we are waiting for our Overseas Spousal Sponsorship visa to go through so he can move here and we can start our lives together.

Covid has definitely not helped our situation, and neither of us have a lot of money to be travelling back and forth. He has uprooted his entire life and moved back in with parents, just waiting for the visa to be approved and he will be on the next plane out.

We are incredibly frustrated with Canadian immigration. We used a lawyer to help us submit our paperwork for the visa in October 2020, we have not heard a single thing back from immigration yet in regards to even telling us they received our paperwork!

I’m really just looking to connect with some people who are going through similar struggles ❤️ Thanks for reading

Originally posted by TheSheads View Post

I’m really just looking to connect with some people who are going through similar struggles ❤️ Thanks for reading
    A somewhat similar situation....

My SO went to the Philippines almost 2 years ago to be with her mother, who had major surgery.

In November 2019 she lost her passport and went to the US Embassy to get a replacement. For some reason they kept dragging their feet in processing the application. Then the pandemic hit. But they had plenty of time before that.

Passport processing (here in the USA) shut down for 6 months. Even after that they had plenty of time. My SO went to the embassy in January to check on it. They said they had her application and will expedite it, which should take 3 or 4 months, which would be any time now.

In the mean time, my SO came down with a serious case of Covid pneumonia and has been in the hospital for almost 3 months now. That would not have happened if the Embassy had done their job. I would think that a lost passport would be a priority.

The only good thing is that my SO has dual citizenship, so she does not need a visitors visa to stay there.

Comment

Working...
    X