He lives in SK and I live in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He lives in SK and I live in USA

Hello! I’m new here. My name is Jenny! I’m a mother to a four year old and I’m in the process of trying to find my own place. My sons father and I split about five months ago and although it’s sad I’m ready to start the new chapter in my life.
    I recently started learning Korean as I am very interested in the culture and the language! In order to get a better experience learning the language I joined a language exchange app which led me to my pen pal I am very interested in.
    It’s only been a week but there was what felt like an instant connection between the two of us. I’m aware it takes time to get to know someone but so far the two of us have become very close.
    There are a few factors that play against us having a relationship in the future but I remain hopeful.
    1) He lives in South Korea
    2) He just joined the army and he will be in the army for a year and a half
    3) he’s younger than me. I am 32 and he’s 20

When we first spoke I didn’t know his age but after he told he I was hesitant to keep our friendship.
    I will say though- he’s extremely mature for his age and he is one of the kindest men I’ve met in a long time.

All of this seems crazy and new to me but we are going to exchange letters. He’s aware of my situation and that I have a son and he doesn’t care.

I told my close friends about him and they don’t think I should focus on the age.

What are your thoughts? Any similar experiences?
    please be kind

I have been in a long distance relationship for 20 months - we've never met. I live in the UK and she lives in Connecticut. She's a 33 year old widow and I'm 69!

Comment

Working...
    X