Lbgt Relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lbgt Relationships

How do you keep a relationship strong, being so far apart ?

I think communication is key in keeping a LDR strong. My boyfriend and I IM each other every day. No matter what, even if only for 5-10 minutes, it is something. We use Skype as well, which is good for talking face to face and being able to see them. Phone conversations can be great as well. You can find activities that both of you can do together, even though you are in a LDR. For example, multi-player games, sending each other flowers, cards, letters. You can "have dinner together" from a distance. This could be making the same dinner and sharing it via webcam, but phone also works. There are so many ways, and Google can be your friend when finding some extra ways! I suggest you search up some more ideas, because mine are just the beginning when it comes to keeping a relationship strong.

-Communication
    -Activities
    -Honesty
    -Trust
    -Acceptance
    -Love
    -Patience
    -And never giving up.

Those are some good ways to keep things strong. I wish you and your partner luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibreathemusic22012 View Post
      How do you keep a relationship strong, being so far apart ?
      I ask myself the same question...I was the one who was holding back till she said that she wants me to be a part of her life..she flew 8000 miles just to be with me for 8 days...tragedy struck when her sister died after she came over...now we're on a break...

Not entirely sure what that means but we still talk thru gchat everyday,we go on a Skype date...we still tell each other we love each other and yet we are not together...

I know I can walk away...I made a choice to stay...I write her poems everyday before I go to sleep so she can read them when she wakes up...

Sometimes it gets really hard when we are leaving everything up to fate...we decided to believe that if it's meant to be then it's meant to be....

Comment

Fate is a big deal and I truly believe in it. And I think right now fate is telling you that you need to be her support system. She clearly wants you around but right now her priority is dealing with the loss of her sister. Stay strong for her, she will really appreciate that. Like you said, if it's meant to be, it will me.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I am not going to lie. And im pretty sure a lot of people will agree. LDR's are not always easy. the distance can be taxing on ones heart. specially the longer you are apart without seeing each other. I should know. But some of the things my fiance and myself have done. is talking to each other every day. tho every few days if you cant, works as well. When we both had working computers. I had netflix. And we both used it so we could watch movies togeter as we talked so it was like we were watching movies or shows togeter. WEB CAMS ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND. i think thats what kept me sane for so long. pictures and web cams. Mics help as well if you cant afford to talk on the phone. As well as hand written letters are more personal then ims and texts. but more or less. if your dont know what to talk about. Find one subject, something random even and see if it will spike a interesting conversation or debate. it might show you sides of your bf/gf you havent seen before.

Comment

Well, it didnt work. She broke up with me and said she we need time apart. She still wants to be friends. And i asked why? She said she thought she could settle down but moving to another country made her realize thats not what she truly wants.

I do believe that if someone wants a relationship to work it is all about compromises and bein true to yourself that you can make it work.

Comment

We tell each other all day what we are doing and what our plans are. We talk using FaceTime every evening, and on our phones we also have the Pair-app, which is similar to WhatsApp but with some extra options like drawing, thumbkiss and more. It's pretty fun! We noticed during our LDR that it's so important to be very open and talk a lot about very normal daily stuff. And, of course, talk a lot about feelings and don't forget to say 'I love you' very often!
              Together, we keep track of our relationship also using two blogs we made. It's sort of documenting your own story, and if we feel bad because we miss each other, it's very nice to read our own happy journal. Take a look!

Tumblr: finnishgirldutchgirl
              Blogspot: finnishgirldutchgirl
              Last edited by Dutch girl; January 18, 2013, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X