Finally told my mom I'm with a girl....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally told my mom I'm with a girl....

I finally told my mom about my girlfriend and I. Her reaction was " that's discusting! ". I won't lie, her reply kind of made me angry because I don't think she should call something like that discusting. Everyone has a heart, you can't help who it beats for, right? She explained to me that there's nothing she can do about it and she isn't mad and doesn't think any less of me. Then she told me to not expect to her accept my girlfriend. :\, it kind of sucks but there's not much I can do about it right? I don't even know how I'm going to tell her I'm going to live with my girlfriend within' the next 4 months [hopefully]. Should I even tell her? She'd try to get me to stay home and then I'd feel bad and stay. But I don't want to. I want to be with my girlfriend. I still don't know what to do.. the other thing is I didn't tell my mom she's black' which will make her even more angry considering she doesn't approve of interatial relationships :S ahhhh!!!!!!
    Rona A.
    &
    Tiffanee C.

Together since | x3.29.2014- ♥
    Met online | x3.22.2014 - Met at | Whisper (app)
    Met in person | x4.22.2014 - Met in | Lincoln City, OR
    Moved in together | Jun. of 2013

You cant control who you fall in love with. and I understand the complications that can rise when you tell your mother the entire story about you and your gf, but i think there comes a time in life when you have to pick and choose your battles. your mom is important to you too, but at the same time its your decision whom you want to make the most happy, and with what decision you would be the most happy. Your mom would understand. yes she will be furious but if you feel that your gf is the one whom you want to be with, its a chance that you are taking, for your own future
    good luck

Comment

Well, at least she didn't disown you or anything XP. I also see nothing wrong with waiting to tell your mom about your girlfriend being black. Too many blows at once can cause a more negative reaction than intended @_@. Now, as for your upcoming living arrangements. Obviously you should tell your mom your address, but maybe put off telling her who you're living with is not such a bad idea. I really don't want to advice you to like to your mom, but I understand that sometimes there are situations where you need to be careful with certain information. I believe this situation where you're afraid that her reaction will stop you from doing this for the wrong reasons, then there's an exception.

Regardless of what happens, I really hope your mom can eventually accept this whole thing or at least tolerate it enough to not jeopardize your relationship with her.

Comment

It's taken my mum all the time we have been together (over 2.5 years) to start to understand that this is who I want to be with and I cannot control who I fall for.
        You need to give her time, my parents found help through different Internet sites which explain what feelings they will go through when they hear news like this and it really helped my mum to feel like she wasn't alone in the way she felt.
        It's all about time, she will come round it just depends how long it takes.

Comment

my parents had pretty much the same reaction, but eventually they grew to love Denise. Give it time, she'll come around

Comment

i'm proud of you..i know from your other thread...that this was gonna be very difficult for you..glad you took my advice as well as everyone elses...to just go ahead and tell her...although if it was me..i would have gotten everything out in the open all in one shot...she so has to realize that you are an adult now...and you make your own decisions...whether she likes it or not...but being open and honest with her right from the start...shows her that you are an adult...and you are doing what you feel is right for your life...not hers...but yours...she will come around...she loves you no matter what...even if at first it takes her some time to come to terms with your decisions...i think that's only natural for a parent...and i think that after she sees how happy you are...and that your SO is good to you...that she will be "ok" with it...she'll probably never be great with it...but i think she will come around eventually....

Comment

Originally posted by D.4C View Post
              i'm proud of you..i know from your other thread...that this was gonna be very difficult for you..glad you took my advice as well as everyone elses...to just go ahead and tell her...although if it was me..i would have gotten everything out in the open all in one shot...she so has to realize that you are an adult now...and you make your own decisions...whether she likes it or not...but being open and honest with her right from the start...shows her that you are an adult...and you are doing what you feel is right for your life...not hers...but yours...she will come around...she loves you no matter what...even if at first it takes her some time to come to terms with your decisions...i think that's only natural for a parent...and i think that after she sees how happy you are...and that your SO is good to you...that she will be "ok" with it...she'll probably never be great with it...but i think she will come around eventually....
              Thank you for your help :] and everyone else's, it's nice to have somewhere to go where no one will judge me for who I choose to be with. It means a lot to me :]
              Rona A.
              &
              Tiffanee C.

Together since | x3.29.2014- ♥
              Met online | x3.22.2014 - Met at | Whisper (app)
              Met in person | x4.22.2014 - Met in | Lincoln City, OR
              Moved in together | Jun. of 2013

Comment

hey am in a similar situation :/ just wondering what happened in the end?xxx

Comment

EW! She sounds like my grandma. Said grandma still thinks me and Tam are "good friends" and she hates my sister's fiance because his dad is Turkish and looks black.
                  It's really hard just planning to do everything without a family member, but it's doable once you really think about how much better off you'll probably be.
                  Met: Apr 2013
                  Mutual interest: July 2013
                  Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                  First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                  Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                  Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                  Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                  Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Working...
                  X