Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think it's extra hard as an LGBT couple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think it's extra hard as an LGBT couple?

I think it's hard enough having to be in an LDR with her, but the fact we're bisexual means before she comes to visit me I'm gonna have to be fully out of the closet. And I am to so to speak everyone except my siblings (well the oldest one knows, but the 3 others have no clue). My parents know, my friends know, my new class knows, so yeah, basically everyone but my siblings know. I'm scared of telling them because my oldest little sister keeps going 'ew' every time she sees anything related to LGBT. The other two probably won't really care that much because they're 9 and soon to be 8.

I'm just terrified of telling them about the fact I like girls also.

Do you guys also think it's a bit harder to be LGBT as well as LDR?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
    "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

This isn't really the same thing but my ex would always cringe atty the sight of blood or surgeries or anything gross so i was really nervous to tell him about all the mefical issues i had. When i finally told him, because he loved me he didn't make a big deal of it at all. Your sisters are still young, not old enough to have formed any harsh opinions about the subject yet

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
        This isn't really the same thing but my ex would always cringe atty the sight of blood or surgeries or anything gross so i was really nervous to tell him about all the mefical issues i had. When i finally told him, because he loved me he didn't make a big deal of it at all. Your sisters are still young, not old enough to have formed any harsh opinions about the subject yet
        I can see where you relate that to what I talked about. And my oldest younger sister is 14, and she's the one I'm kind of worried about.
        I think I will tell her soon though.

SJ22: I love that quote! It's so true

Comment

She's 14 and that is a difficult age, but I think as your sister she is going to accept it. My parents are TOTALLY anti-LGBT, but when I was going out with a girl for some time they accepted it aswell, since I am their daughter and they loved me.

I think if your parents know they will probably have your back and help you with telling her. Good luck!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Maybe your sister is going "ew" because the issue has been talked about so much she thinks only a special kind of people do it. To have her beloved sister come out as "one of them" (from her point of view) will probably change the way she sees the whole issue, and I think that's a good thing.

I wish you the best of luck, though. I know it's not easy. My mother still doesn't know I went out with a girl for a while, she just thought we were best friends, and didn't understand how devastated I was when said best friend started dating a man (without telling me we were done first... yeah.)

I am hoping for the best for you!
            So, here you are
            too foreign for home
            too foreign for here.
            Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
            X