Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I haven't heard form her since our visit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't heard form her since our visit?

So, I've been in a relationship with a remarkable girl for four months. She came to visit me for an entire week, and left on Saturday. She went to stay with a friend in town for another week, but I haven't heard a word from her since she left. I'm not sure if I should try texting her because I don't want to bother her if she's busy with her friends. But I know that when she was staying with me she definitely had time to talk to other people (sometimes until 5 a.m.), including the friend she's staying with this week. Its been two days, and I know she's been online and such, and I don't want to sound clingy, but I'm wondering why I'm not given the same time with her? I don't expect her to text me all day or anything, but it would be nice to hear from her at least once a day so I know how she's doing. And, on a selfish note, it kind of hurts my feelings that when she's with me she'll make time to talk to other people, but when she's with her friends she doesn't go out of her way to make time for me. I've noticed that she never texts me first. It used to be pretty equal, but now I feel like I have to fight to even do something small with her. I know she has her own life and is her own person, so am I. But I still make time for her. I guess I just don't feel like I'm always given the same in return. I don't always feel like I'm a priority in her life, like everyone else is a higher priority. I understand that she's had these friends for years, but I still wish I could be on an equal priority level as everyone else. Am I overreacting? Or should I talk to her about this?

I don't think you're overreacting. Have you tried explaining to her how you're feeling at any other point? If not, then yes, talk to her about it. Sometimes people genuinely don't know when they're being inconsiderate and being called out can set off the light bulb in their heads.

Met online: 1/30/11
    Met in person: 5/30/12
    Second visit: 9/12/12
    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

I would feel the same way honestly.. Definitely try talking to her to see what's going on. Maybe she thinks the same about you if you haven't messaged her?
      I hope you can figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten_mittens View Post
        Maybe she thinks the same about you if you haven't messaged her?
        This is what I was thinking. Perhaps you can send her a nice message asking if she made her next destination ok and hope she's having fun?

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
        X