He's about leaving in 4 months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's about leaving in 4 months.

Hie everyone, I'm a Belgian man so I apologize for my mistakes.

So, I'm with a boy for 3 months, he's my first love. We have a looong story together because I met him 3 years ago. Anyway, he's my first love. He's THE one, you know. I know it sounds crazy, cause I'm only 16 years old, but I don't expect you to believe me if I say he's the love of my life.
    Anyway, he's leaving in 4 months for one whole year in the USA for an exchanging student, and I... There are no words... Every morning I think " Another day has past..." I can stop thinking that he's going to leave. He's sad also, he is hesitating because he doesn't want to leave me and he never thought I'll be THE one for him too. Anyway, I'm afraid. I'm not afraid about the fact he's gonna be alone with some boys in the USA, because I know he won't cheat on me. I'm afraid he find another boy.. A boy better than me. I'm afraid he forgets me. I'm also afraid about me. I think I couldn't live like I do right now without him... I'm afraid to lost my happiness.

So, I'm here because I'm looking for some help. I'd like to talk with a person who lived the same thing and I need an advice to stop thinking of it.

Once again, I'm sorry for the grammar mistakes.

Thanks for your reading.

Hi Skyfalling,

Thanks for joining LFAD! I just wanted to first add, that young people can be in love too.

I deal with similar issues to yours almost every day, although I'm working on it. I have to remind myself, and you should too, that LDRs require a great deal of trust. It's hard not to get sucked into the hypothetical thoughts of how he COULD cheat on you or how he COULD forget you. Those thoughts are all in your mind, and you have to let them go. And in the end, remember that there is no one else in the world like you, and that your SO chose you for a reason.

LDRs can be scary at first, but I'll reiterate what I said: just trust in it. Things will work their way out. To quote Mary Shelley: "Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change." The transition can be hard, but all it is is just a breach of routine. Things will find their place. You can still be happy in an LDR.

In the grand scheme of things, a year is not too long in a relationship. He'll be back before you know it. Think about it this way: it's more like "see you later." Don't think of it as "goodbye".

Also, if you SO is going to the West Coast, then we have similar time differences...my boy's in the Netherlands and I'm in California. I could also give you advice on dealing with time difference, too!

Nice to meet you, and best of luck

-Lori

Comment

Thanks for your advice ! I'll try to do it !

I'll tell you where he's going to when we'll know the place !

" Ik hou van je." Spreekt u Nederlands ?

Comment

Of course!~ I'm always happy to help

And please do let me know

Hahaha, ik spreek geen Nederlands! But I try XD

Comment

I'm not in the exact same situation as you but i am very very insecure about what she thinks of me and that she'll find someone better. it's just the way I think really and nothing she tells me can really change that. I think of myself as quite a bad person and that she could do so much better but when really i'm not and i just love her so so much that i'm scared she'll find someone else.
          I know it's really really hard to not feel that way and worry but you really do just have to remember that they're with you because they love you and distance shouldn't change that at all :3
          my girls <3

Josie (SO)
          Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
          Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
          Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
          Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
          Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
          Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
          Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
          All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Im in the same situation as you, my boyfriend left 3 months ago and i still have a lot to wait but we talk everyday on skype, and about those bad thoughts. I also have them, i also think about ' what if we break up' ' what if he meets someone'. You're gonna have bad days thinking about that, but u need to think positive and that if you can survive this your love is stronger than anything

Comment

Working...
            X