Just Started My LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Started My LDR

Hey everyone, my bf and I just began our long distance relationship after 7 months physically together, as I had to move about 700 miles away for graduate school. Neither of us has had an LDR before, so no experience at all here. I'm happy we decided to try and make it work, however I've been having a really rough time the past couple days. There are a few things I'd like to get some input on from people who know (kind of) what we're going through.

- How did you deal with the process of finding out what methods of communication and interaction work well for you and your SO? We use the Couple app and FaceTime, and of course texts and phone calls, but I'm not sure if that's going to work or if we could/should be doing something different,

- What are some ways to cope with being in an LDR and in a new city where you don't know anyone? I'm very much an introvert, so just hitting the pavement and trying to make new friends is very very stressful for me.

Hope to talk to some of you all about this soon!

Communication is almost always a work in progress, as there are many different scenarios thatvlife puts in front of us.
    You have to find out what communication and how often it happens works best for you and your SO EVERY couple is different.
    I probably couldn't give you the advice you are looking for, but right now, that's all I got. Best of luck with your ldr
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

My girlfriend and I started off LD so I can't even imagine how it is to go LD once you've been together for 7 months but if I was in your shoes I would definitely try as well. Good on you guys! Now, like unconditional said communication is key. Use all the tools you have available. Talk about your worries and work through all the obstacles. Also very important, make time for YOURSELVES. Keep busy. Have your own lives appart as well as together. This will make you appreciate your "together" time much more. Another little tip, plan visits (if you can) in advance. Talk about seeing each other and when. Having something to look forward to helps a lot!

Good luck!!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
      X