I'm new here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here!

I've recently found this LGBT forum and just wanted to connect with any other long distant LGBT couples
    not everyone has the same story or relationship but its nice to share

I'm not "technically" in a relationship yet, we plan on meeting in January, and that will probably will be when its official. anyone else haven't met yet? and i haven't made a big deal to my friends and family yet, with being so open with the relationship until plane tickets are bought because things could change, does anyone else have this fear?

Hi there and welcome!
    My SO is in PA and I'm in Ontario. We've been together for 4 and a half so we have seen each other a bunch of times! heheh

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Do you guys ever plan on living togather? I think that's what I would get asked most if I were to go so public with my relationship, not that I'm hiding it or ashamed I just don't want to make a big deal if we don't end up working out

Comment

Oh yes of course we do! Once she is finished school, my SO will move to Canada. We've started looking in to VISA options and we are now engaged. We've been LD long enough. My family didn't understand the whole "met online/ldr" thing at first but they know it's the real deal now. I know some people are ok staying LD but I just can't do that. I need to be with her.

If you choose to make it official only when you meet, then I think that's a great idea. My SO and I were official with each other before we met in person, but I hadn't told anyone about my relationship with her until I came back. I'm sure they kind of had an idea though...I did fly thousands of miles to see her. hehe
        Last edited by Mims27; September 16, 2014, 01:20 PM.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Hello and welcome,I hope you enjoy it here,you are taking it slow,that's always good to do,so that way you can get to know one another,it's good to get to know the person before you go rushing into a relationship.

Comment

Working...
          X