Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noobie!!

Hi! I'm new here and wanted to share a bit

I'm from New York City and met my beau on a study abroad program. I was in an architecture class that he was for his degree, and I was absolutely awful. He and a few friends helped me on the first day, so we started talking early. I suspected but did not know for sure that he was gay. One (drunken...) night at a bar, I was talking with him and one of my American friends, and the question came up. He didn't answer, and I pulled him off to the side (drunken me is a lot more outgoing than sober me). We kissed, and have been together since.

He visited me for 7 weeks this past summer. They were really tough, because my family is not fully okay with my homosexuality and his family does not know he is. When we first met, no one knew about him, but since we've been together he came out to everyone in his school and his friends, so he's grown a lot. I really can't complain. When he was here, he was so tolerant of my unhappy dad, who the whole time told himself that me and my boyfriend were just "friends." It was really out of body to have him here, and honestly a bit stressful balancing pleasing my parents and making him happy, but we're stronger for it.

We've been apart now for two months, and have just under two more months to go. I'm going to the emerald isle on a working holiday with BUNAC. I can go in the spring because I circiumstantially am graduating early! Didn't plan for this when I first realized I could get out of college in the winter, but I'm so lucky.

We aren't without our problems. He will always call me when he gets home from the club, and he used to be mean. I'm not a very emotional person, so since he's been gone I've had to learn to show my emotions (so he doesn't think I don't love him) and I've been battling some depression, no doubt related to this. I also at points have asked him when he'll come out to his mom, and have suggested he start thinking about it, which I'm not happy about. But I really love this guy, and I want to be with him, and I want him to be happy. His dad is not very present in his life, and I know his mom would be okay with him being gay. But we're still good. When I have my doubts, I take some time to myself and then talk to him and it all comes around. He makes me laugh and feel like there's nothing I can't do. He's pushing me to pursue my dreams.

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
      X