Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels impossible...

Hi dear community,

I was wondering if someone could help me out. My girlfriend (26, California) and I (26, The Netherlands), we met two years ago through an online community and quickly developed feelings for each other. At the time, she was still going to uni and I was able to work from home, so we had plenty of time to chat, phone and video call. But as time went on, our situation changed. In late 2016 she found a job and it has become impossible to make time for each other ever since.

There are 9 hours in between us; when I wake up, she heads to bed. When I head to bed, she's still at work. And as you can imagine, in the weekends she is (understandably) very occupied with chores and errands so even then we can hardly spend time together.

My hands are tied. I love her and I know she loves me too, we don't want to lose each other, but we're both afraid that - if this goes on - we will eventually meet someone in person and that we'll be vulnerable enough to fall for him or her, because we simply can't give each other the attention we both long for.

Has anyone ever been in this situation? How did you cope? And most importantly, how were you able to make it work?

I'd suggest setting a schedule and the two of you taking turns in staying up to chat. If that wouldn't be something you could sustain then perhaps you could try e-mailing each other at the end of each day, that way, when you wake up you'll have something to read from one another about your days. Weekends you might need to re work your schedules around talking to each other.

Comment

Working...
    X