PLEASE HELP :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE HELP :(

I met a girl in college that wasn’t really into letting everyone know about her sexuality and I was okay with it. We did everything any normal couple would do but she didn’t want to make it official yet bc we weren’t certain about the future. Well she recently graduated, and I haven’t yet. And I could tell it broke her heart as much as it did mine, but she told me it wasn’t going to work. We absolutely adore each other. But she’s never did the distance thing or the lgbt thing so I think it scares her. I don’t wanna lose her. I’d do anything, but if she’s not ready I’ll wait for as long as I have to. I just don’t want her to just disappear from my life. How Can I keep her around? What do I say?

Well then don't get hung up on being an official couple. There is nothing wrong with saying "When we are together in person , we are together". If you can do a visit, and she is up for it, then do a weekend and have a date for a couple days, then go back to your separate lives.

There is a great Roger Creager song about a couple who get together after breaking up.

Comment

I don't have to tell you that being in a LGBT relationship is far more complicated than for those of us in a heterosexual relationship. I have close ties with the LGBT community, although I'm hetero. If she isn't out, and isn't interested in being out, then being official is also kind of out too I would assume. I think she will need to come to terms more completely with her sexuality before she can be in the type of relationship it seems you are looking for with her. Since you've asked, and I do have a good deal of experience with this type of thing, I would suggest that you work with her through her coming to terms with her sexuality as a friend and partner and see where it goes with you and her as a couple.

Comment

Working...
      X