No announcement yet.

That family member that doesn't see anything wrong with supporting anti-lgbtq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That family member that doesn't see anything wrong with supporting anti-lgbtq

My sister dresses up for this thing that ChickFilA does every year. I finally decided to comment on it.

Idk I'm bisexual and I still love me some chick-fil-a. The corporation is shit, sure, but so are most major companies. If I boycotted every company that held really awful views, I'd probably not have much, if anything. Walmart and Amazon treat their workers like shit, but I still shop there. Apple is notoriously bad with human rights, but I have an iphone and a macbook. Barilla made some sort of stupid comment about the LGBT community, but I think I have a few boxes of their pasta in my cabinet. Some yokel's opinions on me and my life are irrelevant, tbh. I just want some chicken and a lemonade.

Comment

I'm just back after being gone a while.

I'm glad my sister's post brought to light that she is a closet Trump supporter. As you can see in the original post, she equated going to Chick-Fil-A to being a Trump supporter because, "hey, he's not all bad!" Chick-Fil-A isn't all bad according to her argument. She intentionally frequents Hobby Lobby as well, without regard to their stances. Hell, even if they had an anti-LGBT sign in front of the establishment, she would still go to their business. She would probably even go if they had a "God Hates Fags" sign out front. It's really no different if they do or don't have the signage when they are using their money to fund anti-LGBT legislation. In fact, many will go if that sort of signage was there.

However, on principle I continue to not financially support those corporations that use their dollars to support legislation against the gay and lesbian community. I refuse to fund hate.

Comment

Working...
      X