Dealing wtih distance and alot of time apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing wtih distance and alot of time apart

Hey guys basically I started dating this guy who lives like an hour and a half away about a month ago and we've been doing really well and I've fell head over heels as I tend to do In relationships.
    Hes kind of distant where as I'm the opposite and I'm fairly clingy and want to see him fairly often, we have been seeing each other once a week for like 2 or 3 days for the past month anyway which is just about doing it for me until we can close the distance as I said I'm more than willing to move up to Preston for him because I feel good vibes off the relationship.
    although yesterday he dropped a bombshell on me that he might not be able to see me until the last week in may due to family stuff and him being away for a week in the middle of may, and I'm not used to the distance anyway as all my relationships have been fairly intense, of course he said he will do his best to make time for me but I'm just honest scared incase I don't see him for a month and I'm not really sure how I will cope as I've never been away for someone for more than two weeks. I mean were still texting and calling but when he goes away he wont have his phone so that will be another hurdle for me to deal with. my question is how do you cope with not seeing your partner or if they are the distant type too how do you deal with it without being a complete mess as I've felt really emotionally drained and sick the past few days.
    Thanks guys

Being clingy/needy is not healthy. Intense relationships tend to burn out fast, in my experience, especially if it's only intense for one person. Is there a reason you feel so clingy, and how can you work on it? Being ready to move to another city after one month of a relationship is not a good sign. Jumping into a new relationship is never a good idea. Train yourself to stop, take a deep breath, and take it one day at a time. See a counselor if needed. You should not need anyone else to complete yourself. Most people on here go months or years without seeing their SO; it's a day-by-day learning process and self-control act.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X