Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationship anxiety and jealousy

hi there..
    I'm in a LDR with a guy in another country that is 5 hours far by airplane..
    I'm suffering from anxiety about him going out with his friends drinking at night or to the beach and drinking also.. the idea of him going out drinking while I'm sitting here in a dull country makes me crazy.. snd takes me out of my comfort zone.. and awakens all my insecurities and low self esteem up.. i keep thinking if he goes to a business trip to France or Spain I would feel so bad.. i can't help my self out of all these issues.. any one feels the same?

I have been tainted with jealousy by my ex because of how unfaithful he was to me. Unfortunately, that did carry over to my current relationship in the beginning. You just have to learn to trust them. It does help to talk to them about it and let them know how you are feeling. My SO was so supportive and just gave me all the reassurance I needed to get over those feelings and I haven't felt like that in such a long time now. Some people recommend therapy, because this IS your issue, but it is possible to get through this without a therapist.

You have to get over these feelings. It can and will affect your relationship in a negative way if you don't let this go. Some things you can do are find your own things and hobbies to do, spend time with friends while he is doing the same. It's important to have your own life outside of the relationship.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

I totally agree with this Grim's post. Being jealousy and all those insecurities won't help you, it will just lead you to the door that destroys your relationship.
      I would also recommend that you just focus on yourself, go out, have fun with your friends. It will help you get over these kinds of feeling,and always stay positive. And trust is all we need in order to build a God relationship, you should trust ur partner .

Comment

I'm living in a quite dull city.. i don't have any friends.. and I'm feeling lonely all the time.. I know what you both said is right.. I just can't help my self out of it.. but I'm trying..

Comment

Dear, we only have to stay positive. Otherwise we can die. Like for me am dating an introvert guy, he is soo quiet, he doesn't talk to me that much. I feel like I want to quit the relationship but I do love him, and he is many miles away from me. Am from Kigali and he is in the USA. It's really hard but I choose to understand him so that I don't think negatively.dating in a long distance is really hard and for me to add on that he is an introvert.

Comment

Oh thats tough.. I understand.. yes..
            BTW.. my boyfriend have like 100s of friends.. and I don't even have one.. this thing also make me feel insecure in my relationship.. I feel like he doesn't need to be with me.. like he can leave me cause he has friends who can occupy my place.. and i always imagine "is he happy being in a relationship with someone with no friends?"

Comment

No, no,no do not think that because he have friends, he has no place for you. Unless he talks to you or have time for you.

Comment

Working...
              X