Deployment Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deployment Challenges

Does anyone else feel like missing your SO gets harder with each deployment? He says he's hating life more this time than the last one and I miss his presence more acutely this time. Has this happened to anyone else?

girl i do, i live with deployment n being away since i met him ... tough thing, believe it

Comment

Hi, i hear you. My SO got back from a 6 month deployment in Afghanistan in march, and it was a tough time. Not because we couldnt talk that often, we were actually able to talk regularly, but the fact that you are so far away and cannot even provide a hug, when support is needed.
      After a while i thought it would be best to just tell him every single detail of my daily life (except for problems i had to deal with), sent pictures and care packages, so he wouldn't feel excluded from my life and get distraction. LDR is never easy, but I think a deployment puts it in the "extra-tough" category :/

Comment

it sure does! my SO is coming back this year after 2 years of being stationed in Japan n we still have to go trough deployment at least once before his time with the corps ends...

Comment

My SO is stationed in Germany, and we've gone through A deployment. Deployment was a whole new kind of tough. The new worries and not being able to talk as often was hard. It's something that never gets easier, you just learn to live with it.

Comment

He's still in Afghanistan til September. Some days I tell him all the mundane details and he enjoys it, but other days I feel bad because he acts like it makes him miss home that much more. He's a contractor, but he still can't tell me 99% of the stuff he does and the internet only works half the time. So frustrating!

Comment

My SO has been at "river city" now for the past few days...he did give me a heads up that it MAY last as long as 4 weeks. I am struggling after 5 days! The emails really seem to help cope with the deployment and now nothing. I just feel empty...
              Last edited by Honeysuckle; June 19, 2012, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Hi all. I'm new at this but am having a tough time here this week. This is my man's first deployment ever, in AFG. He just arrived there after being stationed in Germany. It looks like we won't be able to talk very much, either. I was just looking for some advice on care packages- what to send? Thanks all- lots of love to ya.

Comment

I am a marine Vet wife. I have gone through this exact stuff twice! I always say you never get used to it you just get though it! If you need advice or care package ideas I am here!

Comment

Being military myself and going on three deployments I can honestly say that it doesn't get any easier for the deployed member either. We have to deal with shitty living situations away from our lives ones. It sucks just as bad for us as well I promise.

Comment

This will be his first deployment since we are together and it is hard. I just went to visit him in March for 9 days only (Id go if it was only for one day!) and he'll deploy in April for 6 months and I still won't see him until december. It is hard and makes me worry so much. He tells me not to worry and that we will make it through and work it out and he said he is sad but he won't show it because he is used to it, used to leaving all the time. 258 days ....... gotta stay strong and positive ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X