Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Would've Thought He Was Right There!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Would've Thought He Was Right There!

Hi everyone! This is my first post. Glad to be here on LFAD! Here's a brief lowdown about my boyfriend and I. I met Kyle through a Facebook/iphone app called "Skout" I was on that for a few months and was just getting sick and tired of the people on there. So one day I was randomly looking at profiles and saw that a guy was only about 10-15 miles from me. Curious, I messaged him asking "Where are you from" right away. I knew it wasn't very kind of me to just ask that question, but I've basically given up on the app and wanted to put some humor in it. He actually responded right away and told me the city. My jaw dropped. Only 20 miles away from me. That night we found out a lot about eachother, and that he did grow up only 20 miles away from me. Who would've thought!! Kicker was - he's been in the Navy now for a year and a half. The mileage on the app came up because he was in town for Memorial Day weekend. We met for breakfast the day he left and no words can really describe the way we both felt that day. Everything just clicked. We know we wanted to give this long distance thing a try. He lives on base in Norfolk, Virginia and I am living in New Castle, PA. With the way his job is right now, and living on base. I am able to see him this month for 3 days, and next month for a week. (with my job I get a second vacation so I'm using that to visit him and my best friend because her husband is in the Navy as well and they will be living only 20 minutes away) After that, we will be switching off as to who will see one another. Were trying to save money because he does alot of driving already. He's such an amazing man. It's hard to believe that we were just 20 miles away from each other for over 10 years!
    Met/First Date: October 18, 2013
    First Kiss: October 18, 2013
    We Fell in Love: November 2013
    First Visit To See Him in TX: November 15-17 2013
    His Recent Visit To PA: October 18-20 2013

LOVE > DISTANCE

Welcome to LFAD. It's funny how some things turn out in life and they were just right there

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD. I'm so glad you guys were able to find each other! Crazy how an app could bring you two together. Technology is amazing! ♥

Comment

Such a cute story of how you met and glad you guys are making it work with the distance!

Comment

Welcome! And yup you never know who you find just around the corner Distance is nothing when you have someone that is willing to fight with you to make it happen!

Comment

Stranger things have happened. Sometimes the right thing is just under your nose

Comment

Originally posted by rebelcadet View Post
                Welcome! And yup you never know who you find just around the corner Distance is nothing when you have someone that is willing to fight with you to make it happen!
                exactly! Love > Distance! Thanks for the replies :] I'm so glad I found this forum! I've found so many fun ideas Kyle and I can do through skype, etc :]
                Met/First Date: October 18, 2013
                First Kiss: October 18, 2013
                We Fell in Love: November 2013
                First Visit To See Him in TX: November 15-17 2013
                His Recent Visit To PA: October 18-20 2013

LOVE > DISTANCE

Comment

Working...
                X