Soon to start another military LDR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon to start another military LDR!

Ok I'm sure I could have worded the title better, but I guess I should explain.
    My SO and I have been together CD and LD for 5 years now. We met in high school, and a few months after graduation my dad was given orders overseas, but accompanied so we were all able to go with him. So that began my SO and I's first LD relationship. We were LD for a year before I transferred colleges when I came of age.

Fast forward about 2 years. I live about 15 minutes down the highway from him on campus, which has been such an awesome experience for the both of us. I guess it could still be LD since I don't see him much during the week, but I really don't count it. A few months ago he made the decision to join the US AF. He was put on DEP for a while since the jobs he wanted didn't have any openings. Well the other day he got a call from his recruiter saying there's a job opening for one of the jobs on his list. So he took it! I'm so excited, he'll be leaving for basic around December! Yes this will start another LDR for us, but it's a new story with new challenges, and I'm looking forward to the things he'll be experiencing. We both know it's best for me to stay in school right now and finish my degree before tying the knot.
    Of course I'm scared of the change it will bring but we've done it before Plus I live near Lackland so even when he's at basic he'll be here.

I'm trying not base out time together on how much time we have left, that will only make me more anxious and dread it instead of see it as a good thing. Just trying to take it one day at a time and enjoy the time I'm able to spend with him, and look forward to the days when we'll get to be together every day.
    I'll be around more often once he starts basic, and I'm looking forward to getting to know some people and make some friends in situations like mine
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Congrats on having such a good attitude about this! Good luck with part 2 of your LDR

sigpic

Comment

It's hard for me to not be happy about it, his life has been on hold for so long waiting for this chance. Thanks!
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Working...