how do communicate if hes overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do communicate if hes overseas

My husband deployed to Africa and we are having issues with communication has anyone used viber or any other app and can I go get a prepaid phone download these and will it work. Are there cell phones for soldiers that work over there I have seen boxes for them in grocery stores. Please I need help I miss my husband.

help husbands deployed and idk how we can talk

[QUOTE=tlyoung829;229641]My husband deployed to Africa and we are having issues with communication has anyone used viber or any other app and can I go get a prepaid phone download these and will it work. Are there cell phones for soldiers that work over there I have seen boxes for them in grocery stores. Please I need help I miss my husband.and I can't use skype because I do not have a webcam or forward facing camera.

Comment

Does he have a cell phone? You could use skype to call his phone (although that costs money). Or if he could go to a cyber cafe or if he has a computer y'all could just use skype with voice only (no camera).

Comment

You don't need a webcam to use Skype

Comment

I would suggest skype or some type of messenger

Comment

If he has good wifi go with viber. It's free and easy. I use it all the time to contact my buds in the UK from the States. When I was in Afghanistan it worked on post if we had wifi up and running.
            I Love My Beautiful Sonya!!!

Comment

I use also viber with my bf. I am from Cyprus and he is currently live in the UK. The only problem is that in order to use viber you have to be connected on a wifi, because it needs internet connection to operate. We use it all the times, because almost anywhere we go they do have wifi. Downloading viber is for free. Oh, also my bf has a contract with a mobile provider in UK where he is allowed to use wifi anywhere he goes, even if the place does not provide wifi. Anyway, I am just saying that viber did help us a lot, I hope it works for you too!!

Comment

if you both have iphones heres a few good apps: tango,pair,textplus calls,and vider.
                tango:lets you video call,phone call,and text.
                pair: lets you text,saves all the pics you send to each other in the app, and has thumbkiss (its like a way to touch from a distance)
                textplus calls:call and text you, only he needs to download the app for this ,only downside is you have to buy minutes(pretty cheap though)

Comment

Working...
                X