Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for friends who understand

Hi All.

I'm extremely new to all of this but i'm looking for friends who are in the same situation or who understand ..

My name is Rhoni, i live in Australia but my heart is in the states with a US solider. We have been friends, but in love with eachother for 7 years. Finally we decided to give us a go, and in June i spent the month with my love and his family (and some of mine).

I'm starting to learn VERY quickly Army is always number one. It was a rough start once i came back to my life here in Australia but i know the wait will be worth it.

He is deploying again June 2013 but coming to Aussie to meet my family for 3 weeks in May.

He has been on a special assignment for the past 2 and a half weeks and we had no contact until 2 days ago, we can't really have much communication until the elections are over. But.. he told me he wants to start the k-1 visa process (fiance visa).

We both know what we want.. we just have to stick in there and work at it.

The Longer The Wait The Sweeter the Kiss right?

Welcome Rhoni! All on LFAD are here to support & guide each other through these difficult times...so you have many friends.......

Started Writing - February 2010
    First Visit - September 2010
    Second Visit - June 2011
    Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
    Our Wedding Day - April 2012
    Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
    NOA1 - July 2012
    NOA2 - December 2012
    Fourth Visit - December 2012
    Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Thank you.

I think this website is great! I hope all who reads this has a wonderful day x

Comment

welcome to LFAD! you will find many support here. and yes, the Army will always come first..a military relationship is tough because there are things he can't share with you. and it sucks because you want to be there and support him but you can't because what he goes through are classified... good luck!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Being long distance is hard enough and adding the military makes it more complicated, but it's so worth it. You'll have to make a lot of compromises and sacrifice, but as long as you're both working together, you'll be okay.
          "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
          a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
          which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
          - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
          regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
          The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
          - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

I am completely prepared to pack up the wonderful life i have here in aussie to be with him.

I'm looking forward to the journey...

Thank you all for the words

Comment

Originally posted by rhonic86 View Post
              The Longer The Wait The Sweeter the Kiss right?
              I like this statement. ^_^;
              But anyway, yes, welcome! My guy and yours are both in the same place. o 3o
              "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
              This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
              Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Working...
              X