What if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if?

I'm waiting on my special someone to come home from Oklahoma. He is currently doing the paperwork process which takes like a billion years. I am not his girlfriend yet we just started seriously talking last month when he told me he would be back this month around thanksgiving but of course the military makes him stay until next month. I will only see him maybe about two weeks in December and then it's back to Oklahoma until January or February. Should I continue waiting for him? It gets so irritating not being able to physically see one another, they block Skype where he is so I can't even see him face to face. It's not like I'm trying to find someone that is here but I just miss the companionship of physical availability. Anyone have advice?
    Ana

(off subject) How/why do they block Skype?
    I live in China and we even have Skype...

Comment

Originally posted by dglynn77 View Post
      (off subject) How/why do they block Skype?
      I live in China and we even have Skype...
      What he told me is that he lives on base in the barracks and that they supply everything including their laptops of which they don't want them downloading stuff on, because he's in a WTU, and they just firewall Skype. I'm not sure if it's true or false but I have to believe he would want to use Skype if he could. I asked him about it because another friend of mine in the army said he may be lying to me but he says he honestly can't use it.
      Ana

Comment

Well regardless of whether he really is blocked from Skype or not, I suppose the point is if you are ready for a long distance relationship. I can't tell you the right answer, but what I can say is no one can blame you or think badly of you if you choose not to go through with it. It is very tough to start a relationship with someone you haven't based a physical relationship with first. I don't know if I could. It takes a lot of trust and patience, and if you decide you're not quite into that, there's nothing wrong with that.
        On the flip side, a LDR is just as rewarding and wonderful as any other relationship. It takes a bit more effort, but it is worth it.
        Take some time to really think about it. Writing about my tough decisions down on paper can help sort your thoughts out. It's not even necessarily about how much you care about him, if you are not up to the distance, it will be tougher than it needs to be on both of you.
        sigpic
        Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
        Our first LDR ~ August 2009
        Closed the distance ~ January 2011
        He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
        Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
        He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
        Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
        Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I understand how you are feeling; I am actually in the same situation. I recently started writing a solider at the beginning of his Basic training. My sister met him and she got us talking. I am not his girlfriend but I like him, and from what I know it is mutual. When he graduated basic, his AIT is still in OK so he will be there until Jan or Feb as well. He will be going back home for the 2 weeks in Dec. to FL and I just moved from there to GA. I'm making a trip back to FL just to meet him, but I only get 4 days. We were just writing and occasionally when he was able to he called. When he got settled into AIT I was able to talk to him on Skype once or twice but since I haven't heard anything from him in about a week. So it is very frustrating. I was in a LDR for 4 years before this and so I'm used to the wait but it never gets any easier. I don't know what this guy is like or what your feelings toward him are but all I can say is to have patience (especially with a military SO). You can’t get into the mentality that he is lying to you just yet because then you are starting off on the wrong foot. Problems arise In basic that might be different from others. Each platoon is different. Each drill instructor can punish their units differently. So you never know his skype might really be blocked. I haven’t seen my SO on in a week so maybe it’s a recent thing. It frustrating not being able to see his face, and the physical aspects of it suck as well but if you really can see yourself with this guy down the road it will always be worth the wait. I personally have never met the man I was writing, (we lived 2 minutes away from each other in FL and I've never seen him before). My advice is to wait. If you find it too difficult...let him know when he comes home. The worse thing for a solider is getting bad news, especially when it’s not face to face.

Comment

Working...
          X