Struggling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling!

My partner and I are both in the Navy. He is currently posted to a ship. His ship is currently away it has only been away for a week and it comes back this week but they have been on phone restrictions so we havent had any contact. He is going to be going away alot next year and I'm just wondering what you other military wives and girlfriends do when your partners are away with no contact. I'm going insane.

I would make a Tumblr, if you don't already have one. There's a lot of support on there, and tons of military girlfriends/wives.

If you make one, follow aeternumxo.tumblr.com. I'll help you find some blogs to help.

Comment

When I was a military girlfriend, as a civilian, I tried to stay as busy as possible! I took 18 hours a semester, had a steady workout schedule, got involved with different activities, and hung out with my friends as much as I good. I'm now in the military myself and my SO is a civilian but our work schedules can conflict so when I'm off and can't talk to him, I still try to stay busy It's a bit harder because school kept me mega busy but I find things to do. Working out helps a lot because it works off energy and endorphins help you feel happy. I'm studying to take an exam for my job and then will be looking into starting for my Master's degree.

E-mail and voicemail are my bff's when I can't talk to him. Since he's at sea, I don't know what your contact options are but e-mail is a great way to go. If you can send a care package and/or letters, go for it! If you're totally limited to only contact when he's able to contact you, staying busy is the best way to go! If you're into writing, keep a journal or a blog and that will help a bunch too. Good luck to you!
      Our love story:
      Attended the same high school 2004-2007
      Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
      Reconnected: August 2012
      Began dating LD: November 2012
      Engaged! March 2014
      Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Working...
      X