SO started BMT a few days ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO started BMT a few days ago

I was lucky enough to be able to text him throughout in processing which I was not expecting. It was so nice. He even got to call to say goodbye before hopping on the bus to lackland. The first day was so hard. But once I got my stationary and got his first letter sent out, I felt so much better. Just imagining him reading it and him smiling just makes it all easier. I find myself really looking forward to sending letters and drawings. He doesn't know my number or address by heart so I wont get to hear from him till he gets my letter with my address and stuff. Even then I don't expect him to have much opportunity to call or even send a letter. And somehow, I'm OK with that. I know this will all be behind us soon and we'll see each other again in two months.

Its all about the mindset, dont get sucked into negativity. This is the time when I need to be strong for him. I won't fail him.
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

That's totally the right mindset to have! I've been on both sides of it, being an Air Force girlfriend and being the one who is in BMT. I can tell you, it was so much easier being the one at home than being in basic! Be sure to write ALL THE TIME! When my SO was in basic, I wrote him every day and put a letter in the mail every day except for Sunday. I'm from San Antonio so they would get there the day after I mailed them; so if you do the same he'll be flooded in mail. Be as supportive as you can in the letters and tell him about whatever is going on in your life. Mail call was one of the things we looked forward to everyday! Be sure to send pictures too! His TI will have to see them but everyone loves having pictures of their loved ones.

I went to basic a year ago on the 17th and we got mail Monday-Friday and a mandatory 15 minute minimum phone call each week. We had to sign that we were given one so he should be able to call you. Ours were almost always on Sunday afternoons. Just be sure to keep your phone on you at all times!
    Our love story:
    Attended the same high school 2004-2007
    Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
    Reconnected: August 2012
    Began dating LD: November 2012
    Engaged! March 2014
    Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Thank you so much for the reassurance. I've had a drastic mood swing today and I'm now in need of support like this. I've written him a letter every day since he's left, and I drew my pet rat for him too (he's grown attached to them lol).

I always try to sound as positive as I can, I know he's going through more than I am. I actually live in San Antonio as well, just on vacation in Florida right now. I just hope he starts getting my letters soon. And I actually didn't even think about photos, he has my high school senior picture in his wallet but it's old and ruined. I happened to find extra pictures in my parents laundry room and was thinking about sending it to him. Definitely will now! I feel a bit conceited sending him a picture of me lol. Oh well
      Thank you again!!
      sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Being on the bct side letters no matter how small are amazing I bet he looks forward to them every night! And believe me if he's like I was I took my letters out in the field and re read them every chance I got and it got me though you are prob a huge motivation to him!

Comment

Thank you so so much for your response. I was feeling low and just drained from this, and I saw your comment about how I'm probably a huge ,motivator to him and stuff, and my spirits are lifted again. I have to stay strong for him, he is going through much more than I am. Thank you!
          sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

you're welcome! It gets harder before it gets easier but you'll make it stay as busy as you can and write, write, write! Feel free to message me anytime.
            Our love story:
            Attended the same high school 2004-2007
            Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
            Reconnected: August 2012
            Began dating LD: November 2012
            Engaged! March 2014
            Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

I'm definitely writing! If I could write multiple times a day I would but I'm sure he's already swamped with my letters heehee. It takes probably 2 or 3 days for him to get my letters so he probably started getting the ones I wrote last week today since no mail on weekends I think.
              Thanks again for your encouragement!
              sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Yes!! Believe me I know it's hard but staying strong for him will mean the world. I know I'm army but were all brothers and sisters in the military. Please never hesitate to get ahold of me when you need help through this!

Comment

Working...
                X