Best way to mail a care package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to mail a care package

Should i go to one of those postal places and ask them for help? do you guys use the regular postal service, fed ex ?

I primarily use USPS, but have used UPS as well...was far more expensive though. I know the people working at both were helpful before I got the hang of it on my own. I'm sure other people on this forum would be a good resource for your questions too!
    ~~~

Comment

You can use your regular postal service and ask for the priority mail which comes with tracking. They're probably more reasonable compared to Fedex. Make sure you check the details on the postal service website about what you're allowed to send to the destination country. Some places are pickier than others.
      “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Thank you thank you ladies

Comment

New here, husband is on his first deployment since we've been together. Found this thread helpful already!

Wondering what I should put in his care packages. What do you all send?

Comment

Originally posted by commasplice View Post
            You can use your regular postal service and ask for the priority mail which comes with tracking. They're probably more reasonable compared to Fedex. Make sure you check the details on the postal service website about what you're allowed to send to the destination country. Some places are pickier than others.
            This is true but the service is horrible. I purchased the service to arrive in 3 days and it arrived 2 weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by Andr3w View Post
              This is true but the service is horrible. I purchased the service to arrive in 3 days and it arrived 2 weeks later.
              This has been my experience as well. I know that sending to him (on a ship) may take longer anyway, but even tracking rarely helps because it (for example) says that it left my state on the 6th... it is the 14th and there has been no update. He sent me a package through UPS on the 9th and I got it last night (13th). I will be paying the extra to get the better service from now on.

Met in July 2006
              Dated very briefly in November 2006
              Reconnected in July 2011
              Something changed in August 2013
              He visited in November 2013
              I traveled in November 2013
              I visit in February 2014

Comment

I sent a package on 12/18 for Christmas and arrived to his base on 12/21 in Germany (Express Priority Mail). But it took the Army another two days to get to his box. This was through USPS. I have found them to be very helpful. They also told me they don't update tracking to APOs because they don't want people to know where the packages are all the time.

He got his gifts in time for Christmas!!!

Well, he couldn't wait and opened them up on Christmas Eve.

Comment

I have not thought of using something beside the post office. I used priority mail once but it still took forever. I am not sure how I would post anything beside regular post.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                  X