My Royal Navy relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Royal Navy relationship

Well, this is a post all about my wonderful relationship with a Submariner in the UK Royal Navy. Basically, we have been talking since 16th November 2012, and officially became a couple on 27th December 2012, on the day that I met him for the first time as he came to stay with me for the week after Christmas in order to celebrate my birthday and New Years. Not only is my relationship with Matt a military relationship, it is also primarily a long distance one, with him originally being from Manchester and me being from Derby, as we met online on POF after a friend recommended the site to me.

Throughout our four month relationship, although it seems short, we have been through so much already and have talked a lot about making a future together in the next few years. Matt is now being transferred from Plymouth to Scotland to mark the end of his training and the start of his deployment.

At the moment, Matt is currently nearing the end of his Easter leave, and has spent at least a week and a half of that with me, coming back and fourth from Manchester to Derby, distributing his time between seeing his family and me. During my Easter holiday, which unfortunately only consisted of two weeks, I was able to accompany Matt to Manchester in order to meet his family and friends for the first time, which was amazing as his family were very welcoming and I felt as though they accepted me straight away! Earlier on today I waved goodbye to Matt, after he spent the past four days with me. There honestly is no better feeling than feeling your love's arms wrapped around you while you know in your head that you don't know when you're going to see each other again, as many of you military wives/girlfriends/etc. may know!

Although my Submariner hasn't been on a tour as yet, he will be deployed sometime soon, so we have talked about our future a lot more than a non-long distance/military relationship couple might do, and I am glad to say that there is nobody I would rather spend my future with than the man of my dreams! Our text messages and long phone calls when we can't see each other mean a hell of a lot to me, and I truly wouldn't change my relationship for the world, I'm a proud Navy wench

Hello there,

Its nice to see how positive you are about the situation. My first boyfriend when I joined the Royal Navy was a submariner, we were both based in Scotland. When he went on his first patrol, I didn't really know how to react, as I went for 14 weeks with no contact from him. What I did look forward to though, was sending him weekly 'familygrams' which, even though he couldnt reply to them, made me feel a bit more connected. Its a hard time under the sea so your attitude towards the whole situation will make your man very lucky to have you. All the best

Comment

Working...
    X