New! AirForce GF going thru 1st deployment :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New! AirForce GF going thru 1st deployment :(

Hi my name is Alysia (pronounced uh lee sha)
    I am 22 yrs old and my bf is 23. We've been friends since high school and we recently became romantically involved.
    I always told myself i didnt want to date anyone in the military because that life can be so hard. Well that changed when
    me & shane decided to start talking. Before we could never try to date because I was always with some A-hole lol. Now is perfect
    timing though. I'm glad for my experiences so that i could appreciate someone like him. We have been dating since December 8th &
    I honestly have never been happier with anyone else. We have been very lucky with the amount of time we have gotten to spend together
    but he deploys in a month or so. I am NOT looking forward to this, this is my 1st time going through something like this but this will be his 2nd
    deployment. He assures me that we should get to talk everyday but I'm scared and sad. I mean it is very dangerous and I am just gonna miss him
    so much. I just want this to be over and him be home already.

Anyway I would love to make some new friends & its nice to meet everyone!

Hold on there....atleast your parents are not against it n you know he will be back sooner or later..... hold on

Comment

Well,as someone who has had friends who are SOs of military members and as someone who's SO is prior US Navy,I can tell you that deployments aren't easy. The best thing to do is to talk to him as often as possible when you have the chance in every possible way available to you. Also,I've noticed that for a lot of people whos SOs are on deployment,that they make carepackages to send them. Maybe you could do this as well for him. Just make sure he lets you know first what he can and can't have because individual military branches have restrictions on certain things. I know it's difficult,but when deployment is over and he comes home it will have been worth it to stick it out for him. Just keep your mind busy by finding hobbies like crafts,blogging etc. and spend time with your friends and family and don't over think and freak out if you don't hear from him for more then a day. It will happen occasionally. You've found a great group of people here who will give you any advice you need. Also,Welcome to LFAD.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
      Back Together: August 1,2012
      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
      Engaged: January 17,2013
      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Efox View Post
        Hold on there....atleast your parents are not against it n you know he will be back sooner or later..... hold on
        Yeah my family has supported us from the beginning. They love him and think he is great for me and he treats me very good. Just sucks because of course i am going to think of every possible bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDaemon View Post
          Well,as someone who has had friends who are SOs of military members and as someone who's SO is prior US Navy,I can tell you that deployments aren't easy. The best thing to do is to talk to him as often as possible when you have the chance in every possible way available to you. Also,I've noticed that for a lot of people whos SOs are on deployment,that they make carepackages to send them. Maybe you could do this as well for him. Just make sure he lets you know first what he can and can't have because individual military branches have restrictions on certain things. I know it's difficult,but when deployment is over and he comes home it will have been worth it to stick it out for him. Just keep your mind busy by finding hobbies like crafts,blogging etc. and spend time with your friends and family and don't over think and freak out if you don't hear from him for more then a day. It will happen occasionally. You've found a great group of people here who will give you any advice you need. Also,Welcome to LFAD.
          Yeah I know its not going to be easy one bit. I have already started looking for ideas on how to decorate the care packages and things to put in them. I am excited about doing those since it will keep me occupied. I have lots of little ideas to show him im home supporting him and hes always on my mind. I def plan to write him letters, emails, phone calls, and skyping. I am going to TRY not to worry, keyword TRY. Lol. I am sure the 1st month, and last month will be the hardest. & probably the half way mark will be hard too. All i keep thinking about is how So worth it, it will be when his homecoming is here. I must admit, I am a women and of course have to worry but he does a real good job at trying to reassure me about everything. & thank you

Comment

Originally posted by AlysiaDarling View Post
            Yeah I know its not going to be easy one bit. I have already started looking for ideas on how to decorate the care packages and things to put in them. I am excited about doing those since it will keep me occupied. I have lots of little ideas to show him im home supporting him and hes always on my mind. I def plan to write him letters, emails, phone calls, and skyping. I am going to TRY not to worry, keyword TRY. Lol. I am sure the 1st month, and last month will be the hardest. & probably the half way mark will be hard too. All i keep thinking about is how So worth it, it will be when his homecoming is here. I must admit, I am a women and of course have to worry but he does a real good job at trying to reassure me about everything. & thank you
            You're quite welcome dear. It sounds like you're strong and you can make it,as well as a good man to help you through it. Good luck!

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
            Back Together: August 1,2012
            First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
            Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
            Engaged: January 17,2013
            Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
            Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
            We Got Married! - July 3,2014
            SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
            Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Working...