Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice

So I have a friend whom I've known and had a crush on for more than a year. Last week, he came up to me and confessed that he liked me too and wants to go out with me. We've gone on a few dates in the last week, and so far I'm falling for him harder and harder. Problem is, he has to move to Quebec for military school for four years. Should I try to go for a long-distance relationship or end it off right now?

Seen as though this is a forum for long distance couples, I guess we all would say that it can work if you want it to.
    When is he moving to Quebec ?
    If you're starting to develop feelings for him, I wouldn't blow it off from the beginning. It's important that you talk about this with your guy. You have to be on the same page when it comes to your relationship or one of you could get hurt.
    Keep in mind that LDRs aren't a walk in the park either. But if both of you feel that you're up for it and want to make it work so you can be together, why don't you give it a try ? Nothing is impossible !

Oh, and welcome to LFAD

Comment

Originally posted by abna1 View Post
      Seen as though this is a forum for long distance couples, I guess we all would say that it can work if you want it to.
      Yup! Most of us will say the same thing. But the important thing is you both have to want to. It's not a casual relationship, that won't work. It's a commitment you have to be prepared to work for.
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Thanks! I think I want to think over it again right before he leaves on the 27th and decide then.

Comment

Just remember that if you do decide that the distance is just something you don't want to deal with, that doesn't make you a bad person.

It might feel like you're being selfish, but you have to think about what you're willing to go through. You're not in a relationship with him right now, so you should be thinking about this in terms of yourself.
          sigpic
          Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
          Our first LDR ~ August 2009
          Closed the distance ~ January 2011
          He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
          Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
          He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
          Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
          Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Working...