My Marine and I. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Marine and I. :)

So I just started dating my friend who is in the Marines, my sister and my mother introduced us before he was even considering going into the military (He is also 2 years younger then me). My whole thing is I am scared, I mean I have never before been with anyone in the military even though I grew up around military bases and what not, wing nuts are not for me I'm sorry all you air force girlfriends/boyfriends out there.

I'm worried he is going to get deployed before I actually get to meet him. We have only ever talked on facebook, text and over the phone. We swap pictures every now and then. But I want him to either come see me or for my son and I to be able to go down there and see him soon!

Does anyone have any idea on how to go about this? I live in OH and he lives in NC right now. I know its not a long drive but with a two in a half year old its kind of scary to imaging driving all that way on my own.

I just wanted to voice my thoughts and let people try to give me some advice on how to go about this.

it's always the guys job to make the initial effort to come see you first
    "how long are you going to feel bad for being yourself?" -jacky vincent

our story
    <3 christine & donald <3
    19 & 26
    california --> canada
    we met each other in person, not online, at a Falling in Reverse concert in Las Vegas!
    been communication & visiting ever since!
    first met: 11/30/12
    first visit: to cali! 6/21/13 - 6/24/13
    second visit: to canada! 7/14/13 - 7/17/13
    to be continued...<3

Comment

Originally posted by lifeatitsbest View Post
      it's always the guys job to make the initial effort to come see you first
      Hardly! Its more of a joint effort.

Janiasolo, if driving with a little one alone seems daunting you could talk to him about coming to visit you or settle on a half-way meeting point and spend a weekend together.

Welcome to the community (:
      “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Thanks guys. We are trying to actually get it to where he can take leave in October for my sons 3ed birthday. He is suppose to finally get his truck this week and then from there it's just getting leave approved. Since I forgot to add this I am getting divorced from my sons father and I am personally planning on joining the navy thanks to my wonderful marine. Between him and my mother we think it would be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
        X