Uncertain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncertain

I am completely new to the LDR community along with the military lifestyle. I began talking to a guy again that I knew from early college about a month ago. He's currently stationed in Hawaii until 2016, while I am in Michigan. We have so many similar values and interests, and he's a really great guy. Being new to both of these lifestyles, I guess I just don't really know what to expect if we were to decide to pursue a relationship. I'm just looking for some advice from someone who has been through both..

Expect quite a bit of hard work. While LDR do work, you need to be very committed and know your SO is worth being apart from him. You may need to save up a lot in order to fly to each other for visits. But it really gets easier as you get used to not being CD, and soon your goal will be to close the distance if it goes that far.
    I'm not really sure what part of the military aspect you're asking about. My SO is in the Airforce and I guess the only bummer is that he has to ask for leave in order to travel a certain distance from his base. So even if he has a 4 day weekend he might wanna spend, he'll still have to ask for leave and use up some of his leave days.

Comment

There really isn't much more to add to what kikidee has already mentioned. A LDR requires a lot of commitment and patience, and a military LDR requires even more.

But at the same time, a LDR and a military LDR can be so rewarding, it's the best feeling in the world when you finally get to see your SO again. And the bonds you form with your loved one is in a completely different dimension than any you could form with someone you see daily.

Good luck with your decision
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment