Am I wrong? Frustrated with how often we see each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I wrong? Frustrated with how often we see each other

Hi - I am new to the site. As some background, I have been with my boyfriend since 2009 and it has been long distance (he has been in the Navy) since that summer. This year, since February he has been on a long deployment so I have seen him for a week in July when he got back and the weekend of October 19th for my sister's wedding.
    I suggested coming down to FL for a weekend vist (Fri-Mon) in two weeks. He gives me all these excuses why it doesn't make sense for me to come saying that he has duty one of the days and that he'll see me in December (because he plans on meeting up with my family and I in Orlando for a few days near Christmas). I found a cheap plane ticket, which I would be paying for and I would get my own rental. He has an apartment, so no need for a hotel, so money isn't an issue. I've already expressed that I'm okay with him having duty (meaning he wouldn't be home at all) one of the days. I just want to take advantage of the cheap plan ticket and be able to see him whenever I can. But he is fine with it being two months in between seeing each other. Am I wrong for thinking thats not cool? When we have an opportunity to see each other even if just for a day or two?

The problem is he gets out soon and I really think that he doesn't want to see me often and when thats why the relationship has worked so long, just because its long distance, and once he gets home, we will fall apart.
Working...
X