Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the silliest/crazy thing you ever sent your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the silliest/crazy thing you ever sent your SO?

My SO told me not to send him anything because he never checks his mail. Always just sales papers. With that said this makes me want to send him mail 10x more than prior. Certain things he loves:

Cheerios
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch
    Skittles
    Mountain Dew
    Macaroni & Cheese
    Lounge pants
    Star Trek. My mind is wondering. So he doesn't have to go to the post office was think the little individual boxes of cereal. Maybe a can of Mountain Dew for emergency purposes---don't know if I can ship that. Just trying to be funny and make him smile just a little more. I told him I bought him something today and he calls me a dork. I don't think he is used to some one caring for him, or I should say loving him. Simplicity is everything to me. The little things in life are whats important.

What are your thoughts?

I get that he's in the military but is there some reason he can't buy the above things himself?

FTR, I'm sending him a chauffeur cap for Christmas. His kids don't have licenses (I don't understand how grown children don't have DL's but whatever) so he's responsible for driving everyone around. I thought it would be cute.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
      I get that he's in the military but is there some reason he can't buy the above things himself?

FTR, I'm sending him a chauffeur cap for Christmas. His kids don't have licenses (I don't understand how grown children don't have DL's but whatever) so he's responsible for driving everyone around. I thought it would be cute.
      He can buy anything he wants. Just certain things I know he loves. Imagine opening a box with some of those things. Would be cute I think. Just to be silly and have fun, part of it is an inside joke.

I like the hat, very good ideal. Kind of sad though he has to do that. Just means he is very caring, loving and understanding.

Comment

His kids don't have licenses (I don't understand how grown children don't have DL's but whatever) .
        I don't see nothing bad in it. I don't know how expensive is to get DL in USA, but in my country it costs about 500 USD, so I know many people in my age (me included) that can't afford it. Anyway, kudos to your SO for driving everyone around!

Comment

Originally posted by talim View Post
          I don't see nothing bad in it. I don't know how expensive is to get DL in USA, but in my country it costs about 500 USD, so I know many people in my age (me included) that can't afford it. Anyway, kudos to your SO for driving everyone around!
          We take drivers ed in hs, at 15 and we can get a permit to drive with an adult and a lot of other rules. Turn 16 you can get your dl. The class was like $200.00. This is how I got my license anyway. Safe to assume most teenagers do not drive. How do you get where you need to go?

Comment

lol i once send him panties that was fun!

Comment

Originally posted by kelley&dale View Post
              How do you get where you need to go?
              I mostly use public transportation (since I live in a big city), and when I lived with my parents, they used to drive me around a lot, just like Babygund's SO. Also some of my friends had DL, so they also helped.

Comment

I live in the united states and don't have a DL. In my country it's useless to try to get a car unless you've making really good money and so everyone takes the bus. Now I'm here I can't afford to take driving lessons.

As for the original question, I've never sent anything to my SO in the mail. Since we see each other fairly often, I just bring stuff with me. However I have written cards to him as a surprise and that goes over really well
                So, here you are
                too foreign for home
                too foreign for here.
                Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
                  I live in the united states and don't have a DL. In my country it's useless to try to get a car unless you've making really good money and so everyone takes the bus. Now I'm here I can't afford to take driving lessons.

As for the original question, I've never sent anything to my SO in the mail. Since we see each other fairly often, I just bring stuff with me. However I have written cards to him as a surprise and that goes over really well

I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't drive. I live in the country and there are no buses. When I went to visit my SO though it was nice we walked to dinner. Was only about 8 minutes, but it was wonderful.

With you being in Kansas, how do you see each other so frequent? Planning on going back in March. He has leave for Christmas to visit his girls and then flying back out for a 6 week training class. Do you fly? Still learning.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonlady View Post
                    lol i once send him panties that was fun!
                    I was thinking that also. Glad I'm not the only one lol. He loves white and I bought some, and wore them for him last night on Skype. I just want to make him smile anyway possible.

Comment

Originally posted by talim View Post
                      I mostly use public transportation (since I live in a big city), and when I lived with my parents, they used to drive me around a lot, just like Babygund's SO. Also some of my friends had DL, so they also helped.
                      I couldn't imagine not driving. To far to walk and not enough city for buses. I drive at least 500 miles a week. Not to mention with out driving I couldn't see my SO. I just drove 780 miles one way. Would be nice though not to have a car note and all the other expenses that goes with it.

Comment

I only sent him one package so far; it was a card/letter and a neckless. Think he thought the card was ok, the neckless he LOVED and wears it every day. It is an old Norse motif; a replica of jewelry found in a Norwegian viking ship grave. I figured he would like it because he commented about something I have that had a bit of the same look. I don't send him stuff often because he moves about a bit during off-season and a package can take a long time to get there.

When I went to see him, I brought him a brown LDR bracelet/keyring and a little "book" that I made him (52 compliments made out of a card deck with holes in them and joined together with metal thread (it should be rings, but I laminated the cards and the "book" got pretty big!). I think he liked those, he started reading in the book (that he refers to as his calender...because I got him this at the same time as my husband got his Christmas calender) and he wore the bracelet when we went to the airport.

In this month's packet, I plan to send him a letter/card where I will put some perfume on a filt heart. I will order a calender with pictures of us in it. I am thinking of adding an electrical heating carpet because I know he is cold in December... Maybe some dark chocolate, to remind him we ate some together on our last night. And I will send the hotel reservation that he will need for his Norwegian tourist visa application!
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by kelley&dale View Post
                          I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't drive. I live in the country and there are no buses. When I went to visit my SO though it was nice we walked to dinner. Was only about 8 minutes, but it was wonderful.

With you being in Kansas, how do you see each other so frequent? Planning on going back in March. He has leave for Christmas to visit his girls and then flying back out for a 6 week training class. Do you fly? Still learning.
                          I only spend money on essentials (cook all my food myself, avoid going to expensive coffee places and have coffee at home, really cut back on going to bars, etc) to save money towards flights (although I don't make much), and he has a good paying job (AND he should get a raise at Christmas!) so we have a little bit of "play money" to afford flights. Usually we plan ahead because it's cheaper that way, but sometimes there are amazing deals. Flights from Kansas City to Houston aren't really that expensive compared to other places (~$350 on average) but there are deals for lower. For instance I found a flight to Houston for Christmas to be $196.

So yes, I fly. It's a lot of money we are investing in this relationship but things start getting dysfunctional if we go more than a month without seeing each other. He's driven up here a couple of times but a 12h drive isn't pleasant.
                          So, here you are
                          too foreign for home
                          too foreign for here.
                          Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Oh it's not like they don't have public transportation in Toronto -- they just choose not to take it and he chooses to drive them (25 and 21) to everything. shrug

Anyways, I was trying to think of cute things to send...and I don't know....we don't send each other a lot of gifts. He did send me a book around a shared interest -- I had a book of his artwork made. He drew me a picture for my birthday (he's quite a talented artist)....the gifts need to be personal to you two, so I'm not sure what we can suggest without knowing you two better!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Oh it's not like they don't have public transportation in Toronto -- they just choose not to take it and he chooses to drive them (25 and 21) to everything. shrug

Anyways, I was trying to think of cute things to send...and I don't know....we don't send each other a lot of gifts. He did send me a book around a shared interest -- I had a book of his artwork made. He drew me a picture for my birthday (he's quite a talented artist)....the gifts need to be personal to you two, so I'm not sure what we can suggest without knowing you two better!

Hmmm, I would be lost with out driving.

Not necessarily sending him gifts. Just sending things to show my love for him. My SO is going home to Missouri to visit his girls. He will be leaving around the 17th of December and well not return until the 5th of January. I plan on celebrating Christmas with him in March. After he returns from visiting his girls he will spend 6 weeks for a training class. This is why I will celebrate in March, hopefully not later. He has a car that he loves and is restoring. I plan on bringing pistons with me to say the least...lol

I'm still learning on this site. I have tried to give detailed information about him and I. If there is something I have missed or curious about just ask. I'm not afraid to answer and I can talk for days!!!!

That's neat what he sent you. I wish I could draw, that is an awesome talent. Very happy that you both were able to share.

I went through messenger and was reading old messages. I would love to create a book, like a thought for the day with them. Reading them very sweet, but sad. A few tears filled my eyes. We talk about having more kids, just to laying on the couch and watching tv.

Okay okay, I wrote a book. Look forward to responses, thank you for all.

Comment

Working...
                              X