Military Weddings (pictures!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Weddings (pictures!)

I was making up my mind as to whether I should share this here or under weddings but since I am not getting married I thought it was better suited here.

The pictures are amazing and it just so happens that the first couple on the Navy page is a LDR.
    "On each reception table, the couple placed little facts about them, like that they currently live 600 miles apart and have traveled on 29 planes to see each other."

Here's the link... https://www.bridalguide.com/planning...dings?page=0,1

Met in July 2006
    Dated very briefly in November 2006
    Reconnected in July 2011
    Something changed in August 2013
    He visited in November 2013
    I traveled in November 2013
    I visit in February 2014

This is so cute <3 Thank you!!!
    Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

I think it would be nice if they showed dual military couples or couples where the bride is the one out of the two who is serving! Military women get overlooked way too much in my opinion. Of course when I get married, I wouldn't be in uniform but people automatically think that the man is the one serving since females are horribly unrepresented.
      Our love story:
      Attended the same high school 2004-2007
      Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
      Reconnected: August 2012
      Began dating LD: November 2012
      Engaged! March 2014
      Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenly_Love12 View Post
        I think it would be nice if they showed dual military couples or couples where the bride is the one out of the two who is serving! Military women get overlooked way too much in my opinion. Of course when I get married, I wouldn't be in uniform but people automatically think that the man is the one serving since females are horribly unrepresented.
        Just out of curiosity, how would you prefer they be represented?
        You seem to care about this, yet you would not be in uniform either. Maybe they felt they'd rather be represented as a bride that day than a soldier? Is there a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by dglynn77 View Post
          Just out of curiosity, how would you prefer they be represented?
          You seem to care about this, yet you would not be in uniform either. Maybe they felt they'd rather be represented as a bride that day than a soldier? Is there a problem with that?
          Would it be that difficult to find a couple where the woman is the one serving or they're a dual military couple? Service members do not have to wear their dress uniform unless they are having a formal military wedding but in all this pictures, the groom is wearing his. I know plenty of couples who got married after one or both of them were in and dress uniforms were not worn for their ceremonies or receptions. My point is that it wouldn't be difficult to add in the blurb before the pictures if the woman is serving too.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be represented as a bride and not a military member, because not all of us are soldiers, but none of the articles mentioned if the bride was a member and made it appear like only the groom was. It's the same with a lot of publicized military things, women are horribly underrepresented; how many times do you see a military Mom homecoming for example?
          Our love story:
          Attended the same high school 2004-2007
          Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
          Reconnected: August 2012
          Began dating LD: November 2012
          Engaged! March 2014
          Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Heavenly_Love12, I agree, many publications, commercials, news stories, etc do not represent many women in the military. At this time one would think more women who serve would be featured in media outlets, but they still seem to be overlooked.

Over the summer I'm going to a dual military wedding and rather than including rank in the invitations or wearing uniforms in the ceremony the couple is including other "tributes" to their service in the wedding.

Referring back to the photos that were featured on the linked website; they are very nice and maybe none of the brides featured are in the military. It would be nice to see dual military couples featured on wedding sites, or just couples where it is the woman who is serving.

Comment

Working...
            X