X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success Stories?

Everything is still wonderful. (YAY!)
    Learning more of each other every day.

I was hesitant to share my new LDR with my friends. 'Those never work' was the answer I expected and got.

Would love a little boost.

Please share your success stories..or any you know.
    This must've happened a lot with girls writing letters to soldiers during WWII.
    Know any of those stories?

Anyone here live happily ever after with a soldier they met online?

One that is 1000 miles away or more?

Thanks!

Hi there Curly,

My SO and I are over 1,000 miles away from one another and to put it simply... we hate it. Haha.
    He has two more years in the service, I have a few more years before I am up for tenure (I'm a teacher) and I have a two year lease on my apartment.
    So LD it is, for now. Lately I have been freaking myself out about the future, right now my goal is to continue to take this day by day as I had before falling in love with him (even though neither of us has had the guts to say it yet... the future looms!)

I know of two success stories which cheer me up, they are both teachers too...
    One's husband was in the same place that my SO is in right now! She was a teacher in NYC as I am and they are still together 20+ years later. They wrote letters back and forth in the 80s and she said that I am a bit lucky that we have e-mail and text now, it was a nice conversation to compare a bit.
    The other is newly engaged and just had a baby with her SO, they were LD for four years while he was in the service!

Both women pull no punches when they explain how rough it way... but hey, they seem pretty damn happy now.

Also I have posted some links recently of some uplifting military themed romances...
    https://members.lovingfromadistance....idea-from-HONY
    https://members.lovingfromadistance....28pictures!%29

I hope that something here gives you some comfort! I know I could use it some days (maybe even today).

Met in July 2006
    Dated very briefly in November 2006
    Reconnected in July 2011
    Something changed in August 2013
    He visited in November 2013
    I traveled in November 2013
    I visit in February 2014

Comment

Stormy,
      Thank You for sharing this!
      I truly appreciate it.
      Magic does happen!