New open to advices and subjections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New open to advices and subjections

Hello there, I'm new to this site And pretty much the hole blogging thing. My SO it's a Ssgt in the Airforce, and he is stationed in another state, wich means that we don't see each other to often, but I really want as to work and settle eventually!! So any advice, experience, subjection or just comments are totally welcome and need it!!
    Thank you guys in advance

Welcome!
    My SO is in the Navy and is stationed in another state as well.

There are not too many of us Military LD folks here, but everyone tries their best to help out or just lend an ear regardless. I hope you can find what you need here.

Met in July 2006
    Dated very briefly in November 2006
    Reconnected in July 2011
    Something changed in August 2013
    He visited in November 2013
    I traveled in November 2013
    I visit in February 2014

Comment

Thank you for the welcome... And I hope I can help also in some way!!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum I think there are some military groups in here. Also, if you have not done it yet, I would suggest looking at the main Page on tips as well as technical tips and letter /gifts tips on this Forum. Plenty of good ideas. And of course join in on the regular debates. There are a few new members who work in the military or have military so's, you might come across their posts. Hope you like it here
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome! I'm in the Air Force and my SO is a civilian now. I've been an Air Force girlfriend before, when he was in, so I know both sides of the coin I can tell you it's 1,000 times easier being the one who's waiting than being the member! I don't have much in the way of advice especially since your SO is stateside. Just understand that he could have to do something at a moment's notice and that the job doesn't end once his work day or night is over. Be as supportive as possible too! It's very hard being away from everyone for extended periods of time. Hope you like it here and find support!
          Our love story:
          Attended the same high school 2004-2007
          Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
          Reconnected: August 2012
          Began dating LD: November 2012
          Engaged! March 2014
          Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Not in the military but my folks had a military LDR, so I know how it was growing up in one. I'm (fairly) well-adjusted!

to LFAD

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Thank you guys so much!!!! I feel so welcome in this site, just to know there are people going true te same situation, because it's hard to receive advice from people who are not going true the same things, and they fill your head with things that are not helpful. Thank you guys again so much!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You are right - people that don't get LDRs do try to fill our heads with things that don't help. People are often negative. Always remember to focus on the positives.

Comment

I will, thank you for the advice!!

Comment

Working...
                  X