First Meet done. 2nd in the works...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Meet done. 2nd in the works...

This is gut-wrenching. And I feel like I have no room to complain.
    He certainly isn't.

Ask away - no fibs!

...what?

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
      ...what?
      I was wondering the same thing

Comment

So....good visit...or.....?

Comment

So, do you mean that you met and it was good, and now you look forward to the next one but it is also hard to wait?

There is not really much to ask since you don't give a lot of information, I will just say good luck
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
            This is gut-wrenching. And I feel like I have no room to complain.
            He certainly isn't.

Ask away - no fibs!
            Sorry! Yikes!
            What was that?
            I must've been tired when I wrote that.

Everything went really well.
            Not perfect - but that would be expecting too much I think.

He seemed to not want to talk about us - so I followed his lead.
            We got through the whole weekend, I left and still didnt even know if he wanted to see me again.

So I asked if he wanted to see me again.
            He said yes!

So now we are planning a second meet for End March.

Im not really used to being with someone who doesn't give compliments or talk about wanting to see you. (He does in text - just not in person.) So Im learning to read between the lines.
            Is that a military thing?

March seems a long way off - and I said so.
            He said, 'it's not that long. It's not 6-8 months.'
            And he's right. I mentioned it's probably good because it will force is to pace ourselves and he agreed.

I still hear from him all day - but now I have this whole slew of insecurities Im keeping to myself.
            He started working out the other day. Is that for me?!
            Fear in the form of doubt/trust - seems to keep creeping up on me.

And I keep stuffing it back down.

Any advice?

Comment

OK so you did decide to go through with the meet, even though you two broke up back in December?

The meet went fine but yet you two are not back together in a relationship...did you have sex?

You still hear from him - so is that in a romantic context or something else?

And why are you worrying about this guy? If you're not in a relationship, maybe you should start seeing other people so you don't get all hung up on him.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post

He seemed to not want to talk about us - so I followed his lead.
                We got through the whole weekend, I left and still didnt even know if he wanted to see me again.

Im not really used to being with someone who doesn't give compliments or talk about wanting to see you. (He does in text - just not in person.) So Im learning to read between the lines.
                Is that a military thing?

I still hear from him all day - but now I have this whole slew of insecurities Im keeping to myself.
                He started working out the other day. Is that for me?!
                Fear in the form of doubt/trust - seems to keep creeping up on me.

Any advice?
                Reminds me of our first visit, because my guy is shy, I ended up not knowing if he still wants to see me.

I think it may be a guy thing
                Some guys are okay about talking about feelings etc but a lot aren't.
                The best thing is to ask straight if you want answers.
                Maybe he is also feeling a little insecure?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
                  OK so you did decide to go through with the meet, even though you two broke up back in December?

The meet went fine but yet you two are not back together in a relationship...did you have sex?

And why are you worrying about this guy? If you're not in a relationship, maybe you should start seeing other people so you don't get all hung up on him.
                  I didn't find anything about them breaking up...have I missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post

I think you are thinking of someone else entirely. I wouldn't say we are in a relationship, as we just met.
                    I think we are friends first, and the rest comes after. but yes we were intimate.
                    Start seeing other people? I don't do that, unless there is a mutual understanding.

Comment

no. you didn't miss anything.

Comment

maybe. we had talked idealistically about a vacation before, and it hasn't come up since. I just kind of 'put that prior to meet discussion out there' - and so far it's quiet on my phone...
                        maybe I should be seeing other people? I don't have any clue where his head space is. It would be so much easier if I did. I could put this into a box labeled whatever it is, and deal with it as such.
                        Without that information I feel like I'm treading water in fog.

Comment

Ask him maybe by a text or in chat (if he feels more at ease talking about things like this in writing rather than face to face).
                          You could say something like you really like him and ask him how he sees the two of you/your future.
                          Ask him straight that is he still seing other people or are you two been exclusive.

Comment

Working...
                          X