8 months to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 months to go

My boyfriend and I have been dating for six months now. We've been intimately involved for two years, and we've known each other for seven years. He joined the Army a little over two years ago and he should be home in October. My problem is that sometimes I'm excited for him to come home, and at other times, I'm terrified. I'm terrified that I won't love him the same way I did when we were apart from each other. Sometimes I don't know if I love him at all. I can't tell if I chose him because he is perfect and I love him with every piece of me, or because he's so conveniently far away that I would have somebody to love without the hassles of dealing with one another every day. I'm very flighty, and choosing someone who is more or less unavailable isn't unlike me. I'm terribly confused. When I'm with him, I feel like I'm the happiest I've ever been. When he's gone, I don't know what feelings are real.

I feel the same way! My SO is in the army too and I feel scared to see him. What if I'm not the women he remembers? I feel like he is going through such rapid development and I'm just standing still.
    Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Working...
    X