Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Friends

Hello!

I'm new here and my significant other is in the Army. Our relationship has always been long distance so, while I have really appreciated the milSo groups/pages I've found, I would really love to meet some other ladies who are in a LDR even when their significant other is not deployed or in training, etc.

My guy is going to head out for some training shortly and I would really like to make some new friends who would be willing to talk now and then =)

Thanks!

Welcome!

Im in a LDR too (obviously ) and my SO has to perform his compulsory military service soon, so i think we are in the same boat !
    With you or with no one.

Comment

I hope he doesn't have to be gone too long!

Comment

Hello and welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome to the group! My SO and I are in an LDR and I'm active duty Air Force stationed in Alaska. Our entire LD relationship I've been active duty so we have been separate no matter what's going on. I hope you'll explore the entire forum and get to know others who are in other forms of LDRs, not just military.
          Our love story:
          Attended the same high school 2004-2007
          Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
          Reconnected: August 2012
          Began dating LD: November 2012
          Engaged! March 2014
          Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Originally posted by americanhoney View Post
            I hope he doesn't have to be gone too long!
            He will be gone for 6 months, so its not too bad!
            With you or with no one.

Comment

I'm glad you found the forum, and I hope you can find needed encouragement. Always feel free to PM me anytime, when you need a friend. It's good to have someone with which to vent.

Comment

Hello!

I'm new here and my significant other is in the Army. Our relationship has always been long distance so, while I have really appreciated the milSo groups/pages I've found, I would really love to meet some other ladies who are in a LDR even when their significant other is not deployed or in training, etc.

My guy is going to head out for some training shortly and I would really like to make some new friends who would be willing to talk now and then =)

Thanks!
                Hey there I responded to your post in the Introduction forum as well.

I met my military SO online, so we have been completely LDR as well. He's not active duty (Air National Guard) but does work full time there. He lives a little over 700 miles away. We've had two visits so far, and they have both been completely amazing. The hardest part to me is going back to my normal life after having a taste of what life is like without the distance.

Have you had the pleasure of meeting yet?

Comment

Hey there! I'm Katt. My fiance and I have also been long distance for most of our relationship. We'll still be long distance for at least a few months even after we get married, lol! I notice that you are in CO, may I ask where? I live north of Denver myself. Just moved here in October of last year!

Comment

Hi, Katt! Wow, what a huge endeavor to get married before closing the distance! I wish you all the best. When is the big day? Is your SO military?

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Although i am not in a relationship anymore with my former SO. I still do check this site from time to time. You will learn a lot from here americanhoney.
                      Its hard growing up without a father, but its easy when you have a fantastic mother who plays both roles.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdgasm42 View Post
                        Hi, Katt! Wow, what a huge endeavor to get married before closing the distance! I wish you all the best. When is the big day? Is your SO military?
                        He is Army. We're doing the deed on June 22nd. With the most likely timeframe to close the distance being around the end of August. It has been an interesting ride and we're both bracing for the shock once we move in together. Fortunately between his short, but frequent deployments and my regular/frequent traveling for work, we should be away from each other often enough to be able to get used to living together in smaller increments, lol. Frankly, we probably won't be seeing each other much more once we live together than we do now.

The wedding planning itself has been pretty easy because we both wanted small and simple. Wedding in a park, dinner at a restaurant, cupcakes instead of a cake, karaoke bar afterwards to finish up the night! I had a white cocktail dress I've never worn before to wear, got him a new suit and we have the rings already too. We're all set, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Suuz View Post
                          Welcome!

Im in a LDR too (obviously ) and my SO has to perform his compulsory military service soon, so i think we are in the same boat !
                          Hi! When is your partner enlisting? Mine did last February and I've been counting the days since! The waiting is killing me. It's hard enough that it's long distance, but going from talking every day to once a week (only for and hour or two) coupled with worries if he's alright inside the camp lead me to stress out and feel lethargic and tired. I definitely am so glad that I found this community. Reading the stories and talking to some people has been kind of a balm.

Which base is your SO joining? Let's exchange stories some time!
                          "Unless it's mad, passionate, extraordinary love.. it's a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life; love shouldn't be one of them."

Comment

Originally posted by RedWhirlwind View Post
                            He is Army. We're doing the deed on June 22nd. With the most likely timeframe to close the distance being around the end of August. It has been an interesting ride and we're both bracing for the shock once we move in together. Fortunately between his short, but frequent deployments and my regular/frequent traveling for work, we should be away from each other often enough to be able to get used to living together in smaller increments, lol. Frankly, we probably won't be seeing each other much more once we live together than we do now.

The wedding planning itself has been pretty easy because we both wanted small and simple. Wedding in a park, dinner at a restaurant, cupcakes instead of a cake, karaoke bar afterwards to finish up the night! I had a white cocktail dress I've never worn before to wear, got him a new suit and we have the rings already too. We're all set, lol!
                            Hi Katt! I echo what nerdgasm42 said. Kudos to you and your partner for taking such a brave step. I love your humor about how you two are going to survive living together in small increments and how light and fuss-free your wedding plans sound like!
                            "Unless it's mad, passionate, extraordinary love.. it's a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life; love shouldn't be one of them."

Comment

Hello!

Thanks!
                              Hey! My partner is only away on temporary military service. He's getting out last week of July, and time could not move fast enough for me! LOL

I would love to chat as I do find myself with quite a bit of idle time while waiting for him and I love reading about other people's experiences. I'm quite new with this long distance thing. I never paid much attention to it before, and now I have such admiration for everyone who's in this kind of relationship. It really does take a bucket load of patience, effort, trust and optimism.

Comment

Working...
                              X