I never thought I would be an army girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought I would be an army girlfriend

I actually had no idea that I could even be in an LDR in the first place. I knew a girl in high school about 5 years ago during Junior year. that liked a guy from new York, both of their families met and they would visit each other often. and New York is not far from here. I used to think "wow she must be very strong. I could never do that.". I've known him since we were both 16. (5 years) we met online and made a connection ever since. He lived in Georgia and I live in New Jersey. It doesn't make sense because we were so young at the time, but I was very careful over the internet, and I also didn't have to call the cops on him for being an " 0-year-old man with kids" because he voice was so deep lol. He told me a year after that he liked me but I told him I couldn't date anybody from far away because it wouldn't work out. He understood. Then in early 2011 he joined the army in Washington State and we were still friends. He was always there to give me advice, support me, even speak to my family members before he met them in person. He was always so sweet and new how to calm my anger or sadness. Whenever I had an issue he would always be there to help me. In 2013 I didn't date anymore else. Boyfriends and dates were getting worse, then I started having feelings for him. I was confused because I didn't know if I was strong enough to deal with the distance, but my feelings began taking over my fear. So by mid-2013 he gave me some good news. He was coming to visit during leave on his birthday December 16th. I was so excited and so was my mom. He told me he wanted to be official when he finally sees me for the first time. It was the happiest day of my life when we finally together. I finally felt on top of the world, a new feeling compared to other boyfriends I had. We been together ever since. We have a little rocky roads here and there but overall I trust him(also a first with a man) and I couldn't ask for a better man in my life. This has proved to me that distance means so little when someone means so much. I'm finally happy.
    Last edited by QueenB92; May 4, 2014, 02:23 PM.

That last sentence.
    Your happiness is the only thing that matters. =)
    I've realized that this year, that whatever makes you happy is worth pursuing.
    Sorry about the random post. Just saying what's on my mind ^-^
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Thank you for your message its very encouraging.

Comment

Working...
      X