Is this even possible? Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this even possible? Please help!

Hi everyone! My name is chelsie. A few weeks ago I met Brandon who is in the navy through a friend who went to boot camp with him. He is now in A school and I have been driving the 1.5 hours every Saturday and Sunday to pick him up so we can spend time together. We have become completely wrapped up in each other and it hasn't been very long. I'm moving 5.5 hours away from his base in 2 weeks but he insists on continuing this. He'll be there for another 2 maybe 3 months but doesn't know where he is going to be stationed. My feelings for him have grown so strong so quickly but I'm worried that since we don't exactly have a relationship to build off of, is this going to work? If he is stationed at any of the 3 places he wants then we'll be anywhere from 10-16 hours apart. Am I setting myself up for failure? Should I follow my heart and try to make this work? I need some serious advice before this gets to far and feelings get too strong. Please help!!

First off, military relationships are very special, you must know that from the start.

Second off, you seemed to be off to a great start already, why not see where it goes? You won't know until you try. If you are both willing to work on the relationship, then why the heck not? Will it be hard? Definitely. Is it possible? Definitely. Is it worth it? DEFINITELY.

You just need to be mentally prepared that there will be hard times where the distance/limited communication is trying to knock you down and out. But just know that when you do get to SEE/HEAR from him its going to be over 10x more special and it really let's you appreciate and treasure every single moment together.

Met online: 04.19.14
    Became a couple: 04.23.14
    First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
    Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
    Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
    Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
    CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

I agree with Noodle, plus, the ten to fifteen hours away might make it a little easier if, god forbid, he were to be deployed at some point during it.
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Thank you for the advice! It's already so special! Neither of us expected to feel this way especially with the circumstances. It's all happening so fast, and it's scary to be honest! We are already making plans for me to come visit after I move and for me to go back to Alabama with him on his leave so I can meet his family and friends. We have also talked about the deployment factor. He explained to me how the Navy works and us not being able to talk while he's on the ship for however many days, weeks, or months it is before they reach port. I think that's what scares me the most... Not being able to talk to him. I'll be used to know seeing him but I'm afraid that the lack of being able to communicate is gonna change everything. Have you been through that before?

Comment

I totally understand Neither of us thought that last fall we would be such a big part of our lives. I agree things move a little faster, but I kind of like it =)

Sadly, my SO is going through deployment right now. He wasn't able to give me an address and I never got a homecoming date either. I've been going five weeks now without any communication whatsoever. I'm not going to lie, it sucks- A LOT. It doesn't get easier really either, but if you can get an address, and/or a homecoming date, it will make this so much easier.
          "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I don't see any reason not to try! If it makes you feel any better, my husband & I were not much different from your situation, except that when we found out where he was being stationed it was across the country! But we both wanted to see where we could go and a year later, we're married & finally live together as of last weekend! :-D

Just because it seems like a long shot doesn't mean it's impossible. And just because it might seem crazy to everyone around you doesn't mean it doesn't make perfect sense to the two of you.

Comment

Working...
            X