Helpless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helpless

The love of my life is in the army and stationed 1000 miles away. We've been successful so far being long distance. But last night my SO found out that his brother has cancer and he told me while we were face timing. I saw the pain on his face but all I could do was try and comfort him with words. But how??? I could only think of telling him that everything will be okay. Even though we both know it's not okay and won't be. I hate that I couldn't hold him while he cried. All I wanted to do was give him a shoulder to cry on. I was crying too because of the news and the frustration of seeing him in immense pain and knowing there wasn't anything I could do to comfort him. How am I suppose to support him from far away?

Sometimes, just knowing that someone cares can help a lot more than people realize.

Comment

Sorry to hear. I think that even people close to him physically wouldn't be able to give him much more comfort than you could, but I understand how you feel more helpless. I get stuck sometimes saying "it'll be okay", when I know that's not true too. Ask him what he needs. Maybe it'll help more to talk, maybe it'll help more to keep his mind off it for a minute.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

LATA basically said it all.
        Also, have a little faith, occasionally life throws you some miracles. Wishing you both the best, and his brother well.
        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Working...
        X