X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May to December

I've been lurking lately, not posting.
    Not much to say aside from, 'I miss him!'

By way of an update: I haven't seen him since our trip overseas together.
    They are far too understaffed at his post for him to get any real time off.
    He was so focused on work for the 3 mos after our trip I seriously started to have doubts about his interest.

We limit ourselves to mostly text and a few phone calls.
    Which may be a self-imposed hardship - but after 9 mos of daily correspondence, I think it works for us.

Just in the last few weeks he has made a couple of leaps.
    Meeting his parents over the holidays and coming to visit him when work dies down are HUGE steps for us.
    I wanted to sing when they were both brought up in the same week.

It's been a slow road, but we aren't a 20 year old couple. We both know the hurt of a broken heart.
    Im very used to getting my way in relationships.

Moving at a snails pace has probably been the best thing for me.

He comes home for Thanksgiving and he and I have a 3 day get away planned as well.
    It will have been 7 mos. missing him. But the timing is great.

I met him on the 1st of Dec. so it will have been 1 year since we started corresponding.

I am so excited! I can say, I have never worked so hard in a relationship. He is worth every second.

It's definetly okay to miss him =)
    I'm certainly glad that you feel he's worth every hardship.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

What branch of military is he in?
      (Is he stationed overseas?)
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Army.
        Might as well be. CA - NY

Comment

Ah okay.
          While I can see your point on the "might as well be" I hope you can see my point of that fact that you're lucky he is not. Though I know it's tough, and I'm not trying to say it's not tough. It's just different.
          I'm glad he is worth every minute though ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
            Ah okay.
            While I can see your point on the "might as well be" I hope you can see my point of that fact that you're lucky he is not. Though I know it's tough, and I'm not trying to say it's not tough. It's just different.
            I'm glad he is worth every minute though ^-^
            VERY VERY VERY glad he's not.
            However, he's seen his fair share...things I wouldn't wish on anyone.
            more than his share, and may get sent back for more in another year.
            Holding my breath that doesn't happen.

Comment

You and I both!
              I can understand that hes seen his fair share, many have. Hopefully he won't have to go through another deployment. Knock on wood.

Comment

Working...
              X